By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog , is starting to piss me off =/

I hope after Uncharted 3 ND make a Jak & Daxter PS3 and then Uncharted 4 can be made as a PS4 game or something.

I can sort of see J&D moving to NGP too though, as the market on handhelds seems to suit that type of stuff more. Doubt it'll be a ND game on the thing though, someone like Ready at Dawn are probably working on it.

Around the Network

Maybe they will make Jak game after U3? After all U3 was supposed to be the end of trilogy ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

As far as I know,there are more Jak games than the Uncharted ones,so Uncharted is less-milked,why would you want a new Jak game,and not a new Uncharted game,in that case?.

Uncharted is better anyway,and if you don't think that,you're in the minority.

I'm not addressing this to the creator of the thread,but to all that think ND should make a new Jak game instead of Uncharted.

TT Makaveli said:

wow this is just stupid...first of all be happy that they didnt sell the Jak IP to some crappy studio like Crash Bandicoot...Crash had a bigger fanbase than Jak...so what all these Crash fans (like myself) should say...and whats the problem with Uncharted on NGP...this is so normal that the main developer dont make the "spin-offs"...look at the Killzone,Resistance,Jak,Ratchet,God Of War etc games on PSP...also if you know Naughty Dog this is just normal that they first of all do the trilogy of their current game series...so you can complain after Uncharted 3 (or Uncharted racing - look at NDs game history) released and the next project Naughty Dog is makin is Uncharted 4 or a complete new series...then you can pull the "Jak fans begging for a new"-card...and im also quite optimistic that we will see a Jak 4 in nearly future...at least on the PS4...

to Legacy of Kain...all things will stop someday...maybe the next Legacy of Kain will or would be crappy...i mean after San Andreas all fans awaited the new GTA...then GTA IV was there and was a big disappointment on all levels...like with Tekken or other game series...so be happy with what you got and dont bitch around...i mean we all want some things to be different but cant change it...

its also not Uncharteds fault that Syphon Filter is put on hold...i mean we can play the same game with Resistance in 2009..."oh shit why they make Resistance on PSP...Sony is fukking milking that franchise...because of Resistance Syphon Filter is put on a hold blah blah"...maybe in 2 years they do a Killzone for PSP2 and then the same thing will happen again...also did Sony Bend ever said they will do a new SP?maybe they done with it (i hope not)

Only problem with this post is that Killzone Liberation on PSP was developed by Guerilla Games.

Also Killzone Liberation 2 had been reported to be worked on by Guerilla as far back as February 2009.

Naughty Dog works just with one franchise per generation.

Wait the next generation (PS4, 720, Wii 2) to a new franchise.

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
axumblade said:
PullusPardus said:
Joelcool7 said:

Naughty Dog dropped Crash after PSOne, chances are they are dropping Jak for PS3 and they might drop Uncharted for PS4. Naughty Dog likes to create new IP's if you should be mad at anyone it should be Sony as far as I know they own the rights to Jak.

no they didn't , do some research , Crash and Spyro are owned by Activision not Sony, so its Activision that rejected working on Sony consoles only, and wanted to expand, thus handing those games to other developers other than Insomniac and Naughty Dog

lots of people think Naughty Dog/Sony owned the crash series, which isn't true.

They are currently owned by Activision...they weren't always. Both series have basically been tossed around nonstop since the end of the PS1 era, where they finally settled in by being owned by Activision post Vivendi merger.

Exactly as far as I know Naughty Dog did own the Crash franchise, they did drop that franchise after PSOne and Vivendi Universal aquired it as far as I know. Then Activision merged with Vivendi and now Spyro and Crash are owned by Vivendi.

But I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog origionally owned the IP rights to Crash. Prove otherwise? A source would be nice.

The IPS are owned by Universial Interactive Studios , which then turned into Vivendi Universial which then turned into Vivendi , and then they finally merged with Activision, which makes the IP owned by Activision, Sony never owned the IP only owned the rights to publish it, why? , because it was developed by naughty dog, which is a studio owned by Sony.

its kinda like Bioware  / Microsoft and Mass Effect,  MS never owned the IP but they owned the Publishing rights to publish the first game, and then EA decided expand their consoles, but this case, Bioware is still the developer since Bioware isn't a first party studio

LMAO, someone eneds to get out more.

TT Makaveli said:

wow this is just stupid...first of all be happy that they didnt sell the Jak IP to some crappy studio like Crash Bandicoot...Crash had a bigger fanbase than Jak...so what all these Crash fans (like myself) should say...and whats the problem with Uncharted on NGP...this is so normal that the main developer dont make the "spin-offs"...look at the Killzone,Resistance,Jak,Ratchet,God Of War etc games on PSP...also if you know Naughty Dog this is just normal that they first of all do the trilogy of their current game series...so you can complain after Uncharted 3 (or Uncharted racing - look at NDs game history) released and the next project Naughty Dog is makin is Uncharted 4 or a complete new series...then you can pull the "Jak fans begging for a new"-card...and im also quite optimistic that we will see a Jak 4 in nearly future...at least on the PS4...

to Legacy of Kain...all things will stop someday...maybe the next Legacy of Kain will or would be crappy...i mean after San Andreas all fans awaited the new GTA...then GTA IV was there and was a big disappointment on all levels...like with Tekken or other game series...so be happy with what you got and dont bitch around...i mean we all want some things to be different but cant change it...

its also not Uncharteds fault that Syphon Filter is put on hold...i mean we can play the same game with Resistance in 2009..."oh shit why they make Resistance on PSP...Sony is fukking milking that franchise...because of Resistance Syphon Filter is put on a hold blah blah"...maybe in 2 years they do a Killzone for PSP2 and then the same thing will happen again...also did Sony Bend ever said they will do a new SP?maybe they done with it (i hope not)

No need to get too personal, and do some research. (read the post above)

I believe they will take a break from the Uncharted series after the new one releases. I cannot really think of a franchise, this gen, that has 4 or more games. We will see Killzone 3, Resistance 3, & Uncharted 3 all this year. As someone mentioned above, Guerrilla Games are hiring staff for what is to believed a new IP. Also, Insomniac are wanting to make a multiplatform game. It's possible Naughty Dog will either make a new IP or go back to bring an old franchise back.

That's the good thing about Sony! They don't really milk a franchise & they keep bringing new IPs that end up being pretty damn successful.

SMT said:

Woah, Amy Hennig was the writer for Legacy of Kain? You crushed all my hope for a new Soul Reaver :(

yeah i feel like my soul was reaved

btw nice sig , i didn't know they released the opening of Innocent Sin, its my favorite Persona.