By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AUSTRALIA - 3DS LAUNCH DATE AND PRICE

megaman79 said:

Just going to bump this with a new Big W deal on right now.

Preorder 3DS, with no games or other shit, for $298 online.

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/video-games-consoles/consoles/bpnBIGW_0000000268811/nintendo-3ds-aqua-blue-console?utm_source=Deals2102edm&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Blue3DS

This is an excellent deal, but if theres any problem at all, I don't know when the initial shipment from Big W will actually happen. They don't seem to have mentioned it. DSE DID mention they would ship on the 29th or 30th.

GO DSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i might be bias o.0)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

US and Japanese Import systems FTW!!!

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:

gets to be a pain in the arse for games especially with 3DS coz im pretty sure that is gonna be region locked

AussieGecko said:
hikaruchan said:

gets to be a pain in the arse for games especially with 3DS coz im pretty sure that is gonna be region locked

yep region locked and ONLINE LOCKED TO REGION.

EUROPE/AUS is one region. so if you want to inport you have to go for Europe.

Otherwise you will be one lonley gamer.

AussieGecko said:
hikaruchan said:

yea total bs.  nintendo reasoning is that regions have different ratings.

i'm sorry nintendo but if i'm giong to the hastle of purchasing a game from japan it isn't because its rated adult here and only teen there so i can now get it and my parents won't be mad or someting.  its because the game didn't come out over here.

we aren't going to be having parents bitchign about their kids playing games from wrong regions.  its not a mistake that happens.  people don't accidently order a game from europe or japan.  they eiether get it from their region or else they purposely get it from another region for reasons of their own.

and i can tell you 100% that the reason isn't because it is rated different.    if anything rated related it would be them buying a worse rated game, like a game edited here and not there.

Around the Network
irstupid said:

yea total bs.  nintendo reasoning is that regions have different ratings.

i'm sorry nintendo but if i'm giong to the hastle of purchasing a game from japan it isn't because its rated adult here and only teen there so i can now get it and my parents won't be mad or someting.  its because the game didn't come out over here.

we aren't going to be having parents bitchign about their kids playing games from wrong regions.  its not a mistake that happens.  people don't accidently order a game from europe or japan.  they eiether get it from their region or else they purposely get it from another region for reasons of their own.

and i can tell you 100% that the reason isn't because it is rated different.    if anything rated related it would be them buying a worse rated game, like a game edited here and not there.

What the real issue is imo is that Australia's prices are exorbitant and sony limited the problem for example between the koreas and japan.

Money talks and companies are losing the profit chances from australia.

wait what if asia and australia are the same region does that mean new zealand is aswell i thought we were the same region as europe

yum123 said:

wait what if asia and australia are the same region does that mean new zealand is aswell i thought we were the same region as europe

nz has always been the same region as australia, its aus/nz... from memory it might also include South Africa in that as well as far as I know, It is region 4...

Mexico, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania They are the countries so I was wrong about South Africa even though they got the same L4D cut as us...

AussieGecko said:
hikaruchan said:

No if you import Games it isn't

Cobretti2 said:
AussieGecko said:
hikaruchan said:

yep region locked and ONLINE LOCKED TO REGION.

EUROPE/AUS is one region. so if you want to inport you have to go for Europe.

Otherwise you will be one lonley gamer.

If it is online locked to region that dose not mean you can't play online dude.