By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - Best looking RPG in history?

Just shut up, You had me at Skyrim.

Around the Network

It'll probably be the best RPG ever, but as far as graphics it'll only be in the top 2.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

vs

vs

vs

I think I am going to have to give it to the Witcher 2... then Versus (I hope these shots arn't the best it has to offer otherwise it's tied with guild wars lol) and very close behind Skyrim then  a very close 4th Guild wars 2

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Zlejedi said:
Skeeuk said:
Areym said:

I never played oblivion but this game looks really nice and with my love of RPGs, I'm keeping an eye on this one for sure.

your missing out on one of the all time greats imo. its a stunning world to play in music is also awesome

Yeah one of all time most boring RPGs ever created. And one of the worst offenders in shitty leveling/enemy scalling to your level category.

This game holds the number 2 spot on my really short lists of rpgs I thrown out of my cd-drive straight into ebay.

Number 1 is Fallout 3 BTW ;)

Let me say that over for him.

One of the most entertaining RPG's ever created. The whole game keeped you hooked from start to finish.

The game holds number one on this gens RPG list.  Not to like this game is like being ----------------------------------------!!!!!!

I spent over 160 hours with this game and do not regret any of it. I'm so stoked for skyrim that I will rewrite a bad review  and start building the hype generator. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oblivion was the sh-t AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN!

you know on reflection FF versus doesn't actually look that great... At least not in that line up

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I hope it has more than 5 voice actors.

I'm not convince until I see some real game footage in motion, I recall other WRPG with similiarly amazing photos that turn out to be ass. (Divinity II was the latest offender).

bannedagain said:
Zlejedi said:
Skeeuk said:
Areym said:

I never played oblivion but this game looks really nice and with my love of RPGs, I'm keeping an eye on this one for sure.

your missing out on one of the all time greats imo. its a stunning world to play in music is also awesome

Yeah one of all time most boring RPGs ever created. And one of the worst offenders in shitty leveling/enemy scalling to your level category.

This game holds the number 2 spot on my really short lists of rpgs I thrown out of my cd-drive straight into ebay.

One of the most entertaining RPG's ever created. The whole game keeped you hooked from start to finish.

The game holds number one on this gens RPG list.  Not to like this game is like being ----------------------------------------!!!!!!

I spent over 160 hours with this game and do not regret any of it. I'm so stoked for skyrim that I will rewrite a bad review  and start building the hype generator. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah that's what I just said. Oblivion was sh-t ;). Completly pointless wandering around the pretty world with some side quests thrown here and there.

And don't get me started on retarded leveling system which promoted chosing 3 least used skills as primary ones to keep your level low.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

When it comes to rpg's I prefer content over graphics, so if they can pull both of, this'll be one hell of a game.

Zlejedi said:
bannedagain said:
Zlejedi said:
Skeeuk said:
Areym said:

Yeah that's what I just said. Oblivion was sh-t ;). Completly pointless wandering around the pretty world with some side quests thrown here and there.

And don't get me started on retarded leveling system which promoted chosing 3 least used skills as primary ones to keep your level low.

Did you get the PC or console version? Most (if not all) of the faults in Oblivion were fixed in the numerous mods released by the community. Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod fixes the vast majority of complaints and can even be tailored to the way you want to play. It's why I always get Elder Scrolls games on PC.