By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So Vgchartz Pro has arrived...

atma998 said:

Seems like a bad move to me. There will be less and less people (including me) coming to this site due to this change and this will directly affect advertising revenues. Plus I don't see any serious company paying thousand of dollars a year for information they already have in their internal reports.

Oh and the missing data will probably appears on others video games sites.

Yeah this is a really bad move...

Actually, I think you would be baffled...even if 50 businesses (that seems very plausible, if not too low) buy this at $20,000 each, that's $1,000,000 per year...do you really think the miniscule amount of ad revenue lost won't be easily recovered by that?  Plus, having a more professional approach like this may very well get vgchartz name out there more than it already is, which could lead to even more people visiting the site, meaning even more yet ad revenue.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Lanceuppercut said:

Well, this site is now essentially useless to me. The only reason I come here is to see the detailed, weekly numbers. I like to sort by publisher and by platform and comb through the entire top 200 for each region and analyze things for myself.

If I can no longer do that, this site no longer serves any purpose to me.

i hate to admit it but this is exactly how i feel.

All i like doing is following my favourite company and seeing how many games they sell each week.Can't do that now,so no point coming back here any more.

-PaNdOrA- said:

Awww.. we can't even filter it to specific platform sales anymore

This is the main thing I want back too...

It happened so fast LOL...I was gone for about 6 days(after stating I would be gone until April but I am nowe back...long story) and when I come back this all happens?

Baalzamon said:
atma998 said:

Seems like a bad move to me. There will be less and less people (including me) coming to this site due to this change and this will directly affect advertising revenues. Plus I don't see any serious company paying thousand of dollars a year for information they already have in their internal reports.

Oh and the missing data will probably appears on others video games sites.

Yeah this is a really bad move...

Actually, I think you would be baffled...even if 50 businesses (that seems very plausible, if not too low) buy this at $20,000 each, that's $1,000,000 per year...do you really think the miniscule amount of ad revenue lost won't be easily recovered by that?  Plus, having a more professional approach like this may very well get vgchartz name out there more than it already is, which could lead to even more people visiting the site, meaning even more yet ad revenue.

Well in all respect you missed the point.

Why would a company pay let's say 20,000$ a year for estimate numbers when they already have real numbers into their internal reports? And like I said, sooner or later the expensive data we have to pay now will appears on other video game sites for free.

Unfortunately this site will go down from now on...

Around the Network

you guys are a bunch of whiners, vgchartzpro is in the making they probably remove some features right now because they are fucking up the codes for the new vgpro, they will probably be back when they are done coding for the new site, also can you really blame ioi for wanting more money from you lazy ass rich gamers? especially the ps3 owners who get to play online for free.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

We can't track any specific title now :( Imean week by week because the software sales  section only displays th first ten weeks. And just the moment FFXIII had reappeared in the American top 100 -_- I'm really angry now!

ryuzaki57 said:

We can't track any specific title now :( Imean week by week because the software sales  section only displays th first ten weeks. And just the moment FFXIII had reappeared in the American top 100 -_- I'm really angry now!

That's where the graph comes in hand, you can get an approximate down to the 10,000's how much a game over 1 million sales has sold.  As for games under 1 million, it is actually in the 100's that you can see the weekly sales for it.

Plus, what exactly is it people are whining about with the developer dealio being taken away...there's still a search by developer option...so was it something with that option that was taken away?

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

outlawauron said:
morenoingrato said:
ioi said:
outlawauron said:
ioi said:

Potentially, I'm not sure how many would go for it though. Paying to do view sales data purely for enjoyment does seem a bit too much for most people.

That's the reason nearly all of the older users joined the site though. :-/

To pay to view sales data?

Actually, I think he meant to view sales data purely for enjoyment.

BTW ioi, even though we can view how a game is selling in it's 67th week for example in those graphics, is there a way we can see how much it sells weekly (not cumulative LTD)??

Yes. I meant that I enjoyed looking at sales purely for enjoyment. That was main reason I joined 4 years ago.

Same here. Being able to look at weekly sales by platform is one of those things I enjoyed doing each month. I also orignally joined years ago because of the sales data available and being able to look at it per platform and such. This is total crap! I would possibly pay if the price was reasonable to for the exact same thing we had before if that was necesary but in the thousands? WTF?? The forums and the weekly sales data are what this site was best for. Botching the sales data info is going to make many likely leave and make this site lesss relevant to the majority of us users.

I understand vgchartz is a businesss but it seems you are forgetting about why vgchartz became popular in the first place. Users joined this site because of sales data available to the public and a user friendly site where people discussed sales and upcoming games etc. The best thing that this site could do is make a vgchartz pro option available that is affordable to the majority of us regular site users that would be interested in the sales data. I am sure many of us would pay if it was reasonable/affordable.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

lol, all you people "leaving", as if.

As for people leaving, you're here for a reason, you like sales. And this is still the best place to get sales data, so if you leave, you're cutting your nose off to spite your face ... stupid.