Forums - Sales Discussion - So when does this incredible Sony 2008 start

Supposed PS3 system sellers:
Motorsperm
Lair
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Ratcher & Clark
Uncharted

They all failed. Motorsperm was a release title and later bundled with the PS3, so it's a million-seller, but all the other titles are at 150-250,000 copies in NA (and less than half a mill world wide).

Next titles to get the Sonny-fanboy hype, but fail to sell, are:
Haze
Little Big Planet
Prolog version of GT5

Around the Network

The reason that people expected it to do well for all of 2008 was because little big planet and kz2 were expected to come out q1 or q2 for that year, on top of the other games mentioned. But since recently the two said games have been delayed. Personally i think the month before gta4 comes out sony should do a pricecut. 100 for the 80 gig and 50-75 on the 40 gig. They will lose alot of money but i think they would also gain alot of market share. Possibly 5-7%, though im not familiar with statics of past games i would assume that would be possible.

Slimebeast said:
Motorsperm
Lair
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Ratcher & Clark
Uncharted

They all failed. Motorsperm was a release title and later bundled with the PS3, so it's a million-seller, but all the other titles are at 150-250,000 copies in NA (and less than half a mill world wide).

Haze
Little Big Planet
Prolog version of GT5

you're officially marked as a fanboy i ididnt know every first party sony game was quote on quote a system seller...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
Slimebeast said:
Motorsperm
Lair
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Ratcher & Clark
Uncharted

Haze
Little Big Planet
Prolog version of GT5

you're officially marked as a fanboy i ididnt know every first party sony game was quote on quote a system seller...

Are you new?

Seriously, you can go through the forums since they started and EVERY exclusive (or timed exclusive) game for the PS3 was hyped as being a guaranteed AAA quality system seller ... Only after the games were released to (often average or worse reviews) did people start claiming that they weren't expecting them to sell well.

HappySqurriel said:
URNotE said:
Slimebeast said:
Motorsperm
Lair
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Ratcher & Clark
Uncharted

Haze
Little Big Planet
Prolog version of GT5

Are you new?

Seriously, you can go through the forums since they started and EVERY exclusive (or timed exclusive) game for the PS3 was hyped as being a guaranteed AAA quality system seller ... Only after the games were released to (often average or worse reviews) did people start claiming that they weren't expecting them to sell well.

lol am i new.. dont let the post count fool you..... and since when does happy squirrel let raving fanboys decide what games are system sellers?? come on happy squirrel you're better than that...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
Neos said:
not to forget it isn't exclusive either. Hehehehe *winks*

um heheheh yes it is noob!

thx1138 said:
leo-j said:
The whole year.

So whats coming in January?

Haze of course :D

Dolla Dolla said:
ssj12 said:

January - Buronout or Haze will take off.

Isn't Burnout also coming out for the 360? And my guess would be it will sell better on the 360, as well.

Don't know about Haze, either. It's a new IP in a crowded genre.

it said to be better on ps3

eugene said:
Is Haze gonna be a much bigger impact to the PS3 software line up than say UT3, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank or Heavenly Sword? It might be, but it might be somthing you might want to think about.

idk around the same i guess

Slimebeast said:
Motorsperm
Lair
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Ratcher & Clark
Uncharted

Haze
Little Big Planet
Prolog version of GT5

Lol...I could actually almost care less since I own and support all the consoles, but you are wrong in once sense....

If those games aren't helping the ps3 at all, why is it selling as much as the 360 worldwide now? Or at least so close that no winner can be determined because of +/- 10% error margin.

Obviously they aren't blowing away peoples minds with sales records, but they are doing well enough to boost ps3 sales as high as 360 sales worldwide...

No small feat when considering how everyone thought the year was going to be a flop for the ps3--ended up far from it.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!)