By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So when does this incredible Sony 2008 start

In 2007 (in terms of the American market) the XBox 360 easily had the best software line-up, and had about as good of a line-up as any console has ever had in a year and yet it didn't sell dramatically better than it did in 2006. Unless there is a PS3 game released every month that has the the potential to sell more than 5 Million units the PS3 will not be able to come close to selling like some people expect it to.

Around the Network

so when does the 360 start to really seperate itself from the ps3 again??? last i checked they were breaking dam near even since the halo sales died down ... what one game seperates the 360 from the ps3 in 08?? hopefully halo wars will do it..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

CTifer said:
ssj12 said:
January - Burnout Paradise and Haze

February - Singstar, Devil May Cry 4

2 of those 4 are 360 games as well (Burnout and DMC4).

Correct but the main platform was the PS3 for both. The 360 versions should play about the same (I played Burnout on both and basically they look the same both play at 60 FPS but the 360 has some frame drops) but I know some 360 owners that will not buy them since the lead platform was the PS3... freaking retard :(

Both are awesome games and both run at 60 FPS with kick ass graphics, something very rare on the 360 (games running at 60 FPS)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Neos said:
not to forget it isn't exclusive either. Hehehehe *winks*

you need to read my sig straight from the man himself...  keep believing though... 6 to 12 months at best.. you will be hurt the most when the ps3 starts to do better since you pray on the downfall so much

PSNTAG= Xander732

HAze? lol
Haze will sell only 200,000 copies in NA.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
HAze? lol

Funny I thought Americans loved shooters...

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

PS3 sales are probably going down a bunch compared to immediate pre-holiday levels, since the last price cut has probably worn off already. Sony is in no position to cut prices again for most of the year, but their software lineup is looking a lot better than in 07, so sales shouldn't go as low as back then.

I don't like making predictions with specific numbers, but I think both the highs and lows will be less extreme than last year.

The 360 will definitely stay the second best selling console in the US, but the PS3 will probably start off selling more in Europe. It'll be interesting to see what MS does to counter this (price cuts etc), and how effectively they'll be.

sorry if it has been answered in this thread.. but when is mgs4 coming out? because quite a few people are saying "it will start when mgs4 comes out" but that isn't really a date/timeline if we haven't got a release date on it

Slimebeast said:
HAze? lol

so lifetime haze will only sell 200k in NA.. yea okay dont speak no more

PSNTAG= Xander732

ssj12 said:
January - Burnout Paradise and Haze

February - Singstar, Devil May Cry 4

Haze and Burnout Paradise will not be system sellers. 

DMC4 and SingStar will do good in Japan and Europe...  But SingStar is countered by Idolmaster's next release in Japan so that leaves DMC4 which should be a system seller in Japan not NA...