By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Whats going on PStwii?

the wii is catching up to 360 very fast!! the 360 was 5 million away from the wii in america when it launched now the wii is 2 million behind!! (the 360 could be passed by the wii in mid 2008 and ps3 by mid 2009.)

everybody remember this one fact:
the wii even sells on dead months! (remember how much the wii sold in the months of july and august? these are the two most pitiful months of a gaming year since there are practically no gr8 software releases!)

what most surprises me is how well the wii is selling even with supply shortages? the wii had a major america shortage last week and sold less than the 360 and ps3 but is still has a gr8ter number of sales than them!! (523,000 right?)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

I dont expect wii to stay too high after this.

mM
superchunk said:
ok. so 360 has beat Wii for a total of about 6 weeks out of 50 or so and you say 360 is dominating? Especially since 1 of those weeks was for obvious supply issues and will be dwarfed next week.

You sir, are a little crazy.

If you are talking America only, 360 has outsold Wii on about 12 different weeks (5 after Wii launch, 5 around Halo3, and the last two weeks)

Worldwide it is just 3 weeks.

In terms of hardware the Wii is gaining ground fast. Obviously with a larger install base the 360 does better in hardware, but once again, Wii gaining ground.

I just wonder what the hell sony has to actually do in America to get rid of their tarnished reputation, price is still slightly high but its alot more affordable than before...games are no longer an issue, advertisement is improved and still not doing well.

Maybe MGS4 and GT5 can save it?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

@Blade

It needs 1 game that BLOWS EVERYTHING on the XBOX 360 graphicly(and with a review of 9.2+), and it needs to be advertised every 2 secounds.

Also they need to cut the price by another 50buks.

Microsoft will pull the trigger, they will cut the price of all of its models by $100.00

The wii is uncertain I expect it to be last in 2008.

mM
Around the Network

Just wait til next week for the Wii. As for Ps3, let's hope it does much better in 08 with all them big games. I actually think the PS3 will outsell the 360 for a couple weeks in a row WW at times.

@ Leo-J, can you give some reasoning to why you belive the Wii will have a worse year than this year? Just curious.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

@Xeo

I know it will happen its just I feeling I sense.

mM
leo-j said:
I dont expect wii to stay too high after this.

Some record those words! This is gonna be good :)

leo-j said:
@Xeo

I know it will happen its just I feeling I sense.

Is it the same kind of feeling which told you that the PS3 would outsell everything in Christmas? ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
@Blade

It needs 1 game that BLOWS EVERYTHING on the XBOX 360 graphicly(and with a review of 9.2+), and it needs to be advertised every 2 secounds.

Also they need to cut the price by another 50buks.

Microsoft will pull the trigger, they will cut the price of all of its models by $100.00

The wii is uncertain I expect it to be last in 2008.

I dont think another price cut is doable...Id say bundle Uncharted and R&C, but I posted a thread saying they should do this in the run up to xmas. Personally, although shops do their own bundles, official ones work wonders; the 360's sales of bundles with forza and marvel are great, even though marvel itself isnt that good. With Uncharted and R&C I think they could have pushed alot more consoles.

Wii will be fine in 2008, but I see it losing ground in 2009 as I believe it'll lose its amazing cult draw when something else comes into the casual market. Still, it'll sell very well next year at least. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.