By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS capable of running version of Resident Evil 5

Guys if KylieDog says it will never work on Wii then it will never work!!

:P

I still stand by what I said before if they want to do it they can but of course it will not have the amount of enemies on screen at the same time. I don’t know how many RE4 had but it was at least 8 or so Zombies on screen at the same time and the AI was good as well.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Zlejedi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
thismeintiel said:

I don't get the point of this discussion.  All portables are capable of doing a "version" of any game.

I think they meant a version that actually resembles the source game... even though the source game's look (look, not the entire game) was just a beefed up version of a GC game.

Nope what they mean is that 3DS has support for all the DirectX/ Opengl extensions needed to run source code of RE5.

Um, how do you know they mean that? That's an honest question. Where in the quotes is the indication that is what they mean?

Pure logic. It wouldn't be anything to brag about and write news if they made full port.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

KylieDog said:
Roma said:

Yeah because I base things on the real world not what I want.  Even the 3DS version of Mercs 3D is suffering missing stuff from RE5 mercs, the Wii has no chance.

I don’t think anybody stated they would do a straight port without it losing a few things just like how RE4 did when it got ported from GC to PS2

Roma said:

I still stand by what I said before if they want to do it they can but of course it will not have the amount of enemies on screen at the same time. I don’t know how many RE4 had but it was at least 8 or so Zombies on screen at the same time and the AI was good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxlfCrMvEc4

RE4 on GC with 23 zombies on screen at once.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

iLLmaticV3 said:
kingofwale said:

this kind of news is absolutely useless without a video.

my laptop runs Crysis too, albit 1 frame per second.

Lol. I agree with this post. Though, I can run Crysis perfectly. :D

Too bad Crysis doesn't do anything that any other shooter hasn't already done.

@ OP

But the title screen is plain black and says "Resident Evil 5" and "Press Start". Lol

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Roma said:

Nice! And looking at how the game looks it is amazing how crap some developers are when it comes to Wii games. If the Wii is two GC then that can look twice as good. Some developers should be ashamed!

Viper1 said:
Roma said:

I should add that you can get about three to four dozen enemies in CTYD, with no slowdown. You just need to a) do it on the last couple days when the zombie count is highest (and Capcom did drop the ball by not making that clear in the previews), and b) stay in about the same spot for a minute grinding away at the zombies (since even one gives XP, I mean PP, in this version) so that they surround you instead of spread out in the area (which means a DR game with tighter areas would be better on the Wii).

Also, how is the enemy cound in Samurai Warriors 3, and Sengoku Basara?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Snesboy said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
kingofwale said:

@ OP

But the title screen is plain black and says "Resident Evil 5" and "Press Start". Lol

True, But, I never said the game was good or bad. Only that I can run it without a problem. Resident Evil 5 was kinda copy pasta of Resident Evil 4 gameplay, that game did nothing new either.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

iLLmaticV3 said:
Snesboy said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
kingofwale said:

@ OP

True, But, I never said the game was good or bad. Only that I can run it without a problem. Resident Evil 5 was kinda copy pasta of Resident Evil 4 gameplay, that game did nothing new either. It running on the 3DS makes it seem like it could have run on the Wii, and they just didn't wanna port it.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Roma said:
Viper1 said:
Roma said:

Nice! And looking at how the game looks it is amazing how crap some developers are when it comes to Wii games. If the Wii is two GC then that can look twice as good. Some developers should be ashamed!

according to factor 5 (thanks Sony!) the gc was capped by its fill rate in rebel strike, and according to later interviews the wii has 8 pixle pipelines instead of 4, which means with the 50 increas in clock speed the wii has 3 times the fill of the gamecube, not to mention nearly 4x the ram (the 16mb of aram was basically like having cartridge space and not work space)

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!