By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Powerful is the NGP? Comparison

By the time the NGP actually comes out we'll be comparing it to not this years but next years iPad etc designs. I don't think that comparisons to designs which are near to being replaced are exactly relevant.

Tease.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

I think that Uncharted pic is not so good. Maybe you must look for another screenshoot because RE looks better. MGS ugh.

Edit: Killzone screen also don't look good.

2/4/2011

Bookmarked

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Pavolink said:

I think that Uncharted pic is not so good. Maybe you must look for another screenshoot because RE looks better. MGS ugh.

2/4/2011

Bookmarked

What?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

psrock said:
Pavolink said:

2/4/2011

Bookmarked

"psrock on 02/05/11 00:10 EST"

Don't you mean...

Alot of people dont understand some of thoe games were made in a few weeks, give it time to be actually completed, then judge it.

Around the Network

This is better screen:

There's not much about killzone.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I predict that very few developers (outside of Sony 1st party) will ever use the full power of NGP, it just won't be profitable enough for them.  NGP games are going to be very expensive to create and they will surely cost in the $40-60 range at retail.  PS3 ports will help fill in the games schedule on NGP.  However, few us will want to buy the exact same guy that we got on the PS3 for the NGP.

Also, if NGP is going to operate purely on raw power it has a difficult road ahead.  New Ipod/Ipad models will be released well in advance of NGP.  Apple will probably surpass the raw power of the NGP 1 or 2 years after NGP release.  What will happen to the NGP then?  Many of the exclusives that NGP would have had will probably eventual have multi-console releases on Ipod/Ipad and NGP. 

I think NGP looks great, but being in a technological arms race is very difficult in today's handheld market.  3DS has also shown it can receive HD console ports (ie SSIV).  It should be very interesting to watch the next-gen handheld battle ut unfold. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

NGP is a beast and I want one!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

What's funny to me is that Sony needs 10x the raw power of Nintento (apples to oranges) or more in order to remove some jaggies I won't even notice during gameplay.  I did see some in that MGS pic, but it's also bigger than an entire 3DS on my display (woot, PC connected to TV!).  Shrink it down and get it into motion and I'll barely notice.  Not that I'd care, either, as I have a few DS games where I notice the jaggies and it doesn't distract from my enjoyment of the games themselves.  Some people are willing to pay a lot more for little gain, and that's fine for them, but the difference in tech means so little to my experience that I'm going for whichever will give the more entertaining experience.  Experience says that'll be Nintendo and they won't have to break a sweat doing it.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Squilliam said:

By the time the NGP actually comes out we'll be comparing it to not this years but next years iPad etc designs. I don't think that comparisons to designs which are near to being replaced are exactly relevant.

As someone who bought an iPhone to play games, I'm going to have to say this simply won't matter.  The iPhone is terrible at playing "core"games because it lacks buttons, and no amount of tech in the system will overcome that fact (unless it gives feedback that tircks people into thinking people are pressing buttons).  The fact is that to play a Call of Duty on iPhone means to have a large part of the screen covered by your fingers anyway, and you don't even know what you're pressing until you've done it to boot.  iPhone just can't provide the same experience as a system with buttons due to a lack of contectual feedback, and so it won't compete well with such systems.  Apple may steal some sales away, but only so far as a fallafel stand will steal sales away from the hot dog vendor.  Anyone who wants more than a casual experience isn't going to rely on their iPhone.

You do not have the right to never be offended.