By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Powerful is the NGP? Comparison

endoftheworld166 said:

Screen shots are alot different then when playing a game, and I can see the jagged edges on the MGS one quite clearly 

Yeah, and look at those rocks in Uncharted. Awful. In any case, it's clearly no where near PS3 quality visuals. People need to stop overhyping the specs.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
endoftheworld166 said:

Screen shots are alot different then when playing a game, and I can see the jagged edges on the MGS one quite clearly 

Yeah, and look at those rocks in Uncharted. Awful. In any case, it's clearly no where near PS3 quality visuals. People need to stop overhyping the specs.

I don't see the Uncharted one, though I agree that the equal to ps3 thing was total bs, but I think when games come out ngp will clearly have higher quality ones from a technical standpoint, though it's hard to beat the nintendo classics in anything else 

--OkeyDokey-- said:
endoftheworld166 said:

Awful? So who's being extreme?  What's the big deal if the DS graphics are slightly less good than the NGP's, which is likely the case?  Everyone expected it, and it has most likely come to pass.

endoftheworld166 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I didn't think the Killzone and Uncharted screens looked any better than Resident Evil and MGS on the 3DS, honestly.

Edit: these ones

I was just going to point out that jagged edges seem more prevalent in the MGS screen, but the 3DS has more than sufficient power to provide decent graphics. I just need to see the price point for the NGP, in order to tell if anything is warranted.

flashpoint_1230 said:
I was just going to point out that jagged edges seem more prevalent in the MGS screen, but the 3DS has more than sufficient power to provide decent graphics. I just need to see the price point for the NGP, in order to tell if anything is warranted.

Never said it wasn't able to provide decent ones, though it would probably be better if it stuck to cartoon style rather then realistic, and I just noticed something two both the screens for the ngp said working title meaning thats not the final build for them either so they will (probably) look better in the final game 

Around the Network
flashpoint_1230 said:
endoftheworld166 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I didn't think the Killzone and Uncharted screens looked any better than Resident Evil and MGS on the 3DS, honestly.

Edit: these ones

The 3DS will also have a much smaller screen so jaggies won't be as pronounced!!!  I'm still doubtful about the 3DS specs and NGP specs until both gets released and gets dissected by the public.  The 3DS gpu for example could clock anywhere from 200mhz to 400mhz according to the manufacturers specs for that chip.  Also, has the CPU been announced yet for the 3DS, I must have missed that one.  3GP will be a beast nonetheless and would be great if we could play it on our 1080P LED/Plasma/LCD monitors one day.  For now I'm keeping my handheld fix on the cheaps with my DS LITE as it's still pretty good in my opinion.

I think that Uncharted pic is not so good. Maybe you must look for another screenshoot because RE looks better. MGS ugh.

Edit: Killzone screen also don't look good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MiSan7573 said:

The 3DS will also have a much smaller screen so jaggies won't be as pronounced!!!  I'm still doubtful about the 3DS specs and NGP specs until both gets released and gets dissected by the public.  The 3DS gpu for example could clock anywhere from 200mhz to 400mhz according to the manufacturers specs for that chip.  Also, has the CPU been announced yet for the 3DS, I must have missed that one.  3GP will be a beast nonetheless and would be great if we could play it on our 1080P LED/Plasma/LCD monitors one day.  For now I'm keeping my handheld fix on the cheaps with my DS LITE as it's still pretty good in my opinion.

On the contrary; the 3DS has a much lower pixel density/dot pitch, meaning all visuals at maximum render resolution will appear more pixelated.

An effective 400x240 at 3.5" is less dense than 960x544 at 5.0"

It's also worthy of note it's going to take awhile for games to start looking amazing.
Take the Xbox 360 and PS3, the first lot of games that came out for those platforms looked like poop.
Give it time.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords