By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft and Nokia to announce partnership (Windows Phone 7 prolly)

disolitude said:

[...]We doubt it, but it's within the realm of reason.[...]

It's the long rumored Office for Symbian. After that WP7 bombed, it's a reasonable move for MS.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
disolitude said:
snakenobi said:
radiantshadow92 said:
snakenobi said:

this could bring back both Nokia and MS in the mobile space big time

Or they can drown each other.

hehe

that could happen but with the money that these 2 companies have and the amount they invest in R&D,they could even do wonders.

NOKIA has the best hardware and MS has the best software.

NOKIA and MS both spend close to $4BILLION in R&D last year

True...nokia phones are usually the best spec wise and pretty Buletproof. Their R&D is insane...

Nokia still has a 35% marketshare globaly of smartphone market which makes them number 1.But they have lost 15% in the last 2 years. Whats dragging them down is Symbian OS on their phones which is pretty outdated at this point. If they can get some help in the OS market...wether its Android or WM7, they have a really good chance of maintaing their marketshare lead.

nokia still has the marketshare but they really haven't stood out for soemtime and a big share of their sales come from all types of budget phones in developing countries..

they need something new to standout.

they can get help from android and WP7 but that really won't do the job as they will go fom a standout company to being on of the hardware producers like all else android stuff which has the same thing just a different hardware

theyt need something like APPLE,have a new hardware and new OS optimized just for their phones.

I think they just need to make something cheap yet effective for consumers. Their hardware just cost too much money and isn't even worth it. It will definitely benefit from Microsoft. But i don't know if Microsoft will benefit much from them.

Symbian is going the way of the dinosaurs... I'll miss it, but WM7 is a good tradeoff...

Booh! said:
disolitude said:

It's the long rumored Office for Symbian. After that WP7 bombed, it's a reasonable move for MS.

Why would they need a partnership announcement for that? They would never make MS office mobile exclusive to Symbian so...

disolitude said:
Booh! said:
disolitude said:

Why would they need a partnership announcement for that? They would never make MS office mobile exclusive to Symbian so...

The former CEO of MS business division (Office) is employed at Nokia now. A partnership is needed for a good app, MS knows how to program a good Office-like application, Nokia knows how to program a good Symbian application.

From 2009:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136582/Microsoft_Nokia_team_to_put_Office_apps_on_mobile_phones

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
snakenobi said:
disolitude said:
snakenobi said:
radiantshadow92 said:
snakenobi said:

this could bring back both Nokia and MS in the mobile space big time

Or they can drown each other.

hehe

that could happen but with the money that these 2 companies have and the amount they invest in R&D,they could even do wonders.

NOKIA has the best hardware and MS has the best software.

NOKIA and MS both spend close to $4BILLION in R&D last year

True...nokia phones are usually the best spec wise and pretty Buletproof. Their R&D is insane...

Nokia still has a 35% marketshare globaly of smartphone market which makes them number 1.But they have lost 15% in the last 2 years. Whats dragging them down is Symbian OS on their phones which is pretty outdated at this point. If they can get some help in the OS market...wether its Android or WM7, they have a really good chance of maintaing their marketshare lead.

nokia still has the marketshare but they really haven't stood out for soemtime and a big share of their sales come from all types of budget phones in developing countries..

they need something new to standout.

they can get help from android and WP7 but that really won't do the job as they will go fom a standout company to being on of the hardware producers like all else android stuff which has the same thing just a different hardware

theyt need something like APPLE,have a new hardware and new OS optimized just for their phones.

I think they just need to make something cheap yet effective for consumers. Their hardware just cost too much money and isn't even worth it. It will definitely benefit from Microsoft. But i don't know if Microsoft will benefit much from them.

acutally both could benefit

MS could profit from the WP7 software and WP7 app market and NOKIA could profit from HW

it will be really tough as NOKIA isn't cool company and thats why they need to do something totally new that would suprise people

I hope they do announce something with WP7. Nokia really needs to regain some relevance in the smartphone arena, and I really want to see where WP7 is headed, so Nokia and Microsoft teaming up over a WP7 lineup of phones could be great news!

I'm really looking forward to hearing what announcements Microsoft are bringing to MWC, go WP7!

OH MY FU%#ING GOD!!!!

This could be MS greatest partnership in terms of relevence. Lets be honest we all expected MS to do something, but if this is true... wow... I would never have expected this, especially with Nokia recently purchasing Symbian fully... it doesn't make sense.... NOKIA win 7 phone OH MY GOD...

Take deep breaths...

Rainbird decide your phone after this announcement :D

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Booh! said:
disolitude said:

um... it didnt? Its not selling fantastically well but at least in australia more and more people are getting them. The word of mouth is spreading.

Some people have an anti-MS stance... like yourself from the looks of it. People are finally starting to come around.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:

Rainbird decide your phone after this announcement :D

Don't worry, I wasn't buying one before it no matter what.