By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft and Nokia to announce partnership (Windows Phone 7 prolly)

MDMAniac said:

Are you in denial or what? The point is that WP7 struggle to outsell even WinMo last quarter. And the market grows big time, mind you! Imagine Windows XP sales on par with Vista, huh?

um i wouldnt be surprised because both have been shutoff and there fore they are not making any more of either os...

No I am not in denial. how much did android sell in the first 3 months taking into account the phones at least as powerful as the win7 phones... just wondering? Symbian does well because there are 30 dollar nokia phones out there but if you compare like for like win7 phones are doing pretty good.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

And then something just POP!  Wow...what a coup for WP7 and for M$, from last to likely first in one fell swoop...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

AussieGecko said:
MDMAniac said:

Are you in denial or what? The point is that WP7 struggle to outsell even WinMo last quarter. And the market grows big time, mind you! Imagine Windows XP sales on par with Vista, huh?

um i wouldnt be surprised because both have been shutoff and there fore they are not making any more of either os...

Again. One is the OS which was basically EOL'ed and has no future and it just outsolded the newest one which has huge marketing push, full support from all kind of the vendors, and ads left and right.

How about XBOX outselling 360? LOL, I don't remember even PS3 being benid PS2 in its first quarter, or was it?

Only -13.14% on the stock market; pretty good, i must say, Palm went out of business for its deal with MS :D

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:NOK

Booh! said:

Only -13.14% on the stock market; pretty good, i must say, Palm went out of business for its deal with MS :D

Funny but not really true. Palm was bought by HP and de-branded. Never went out of business.

And if they didn't do this, they would have went out of business because of this -

http://www.wpcentral.com/palm-finished-windows-mobile

They stopped using WM in 2008 and 2009 was way too late to introduce a new single handset OS and expect relevant marketshare. WebOs is great, and hopefully HP is able to move it forward with Palm Pre...

As far as Nokia, it may be a good time to buy their shares this year when it reaches its low point. After restructuring in 2012 their stock should bounce back.

Around the Network

hmm I might be interested in buying such a phone

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NOKIA is dead now.

disolitude said:
Booh! said:

Funny but not really true. Palm was bought by HP and de-branded. Never went out of business.

And if they didn't do this, they would have went out of business because of this -

They stopped using WM in 2008 and 2009 was way too late to introduce a new single handset OS and expect relevant marketshare. WebOs is great, and hopefully HP is able to move it forward with Palm Pre...

As far as Nokia, it may be a good time to buy their shares this year when it reaches its low point. After restructuring in 2012 their stock should bounce back.

Hahaha, I know, I just emphasized it a little bit. However they now have to ditch one of their operating systems and it seems that it will be Symbian (s60, perhaps s40 will survive).

ethomaz said:

NOKIA is dead now.

Actually they are anything but...They were going to die had they not done this though.

Booh! said:
disolitude said:
Booh! said:

Hahaha, I know, I just emphasized it a little bit. However they now have to ditch one of their operating systems and it seems that it will be Symbian (s60, perhaps s40 will survive).

Thats why their shares are going down...all the R&D for Symbian and Mego on their end is going to waste. Doesnt RIM use Symbian for some devices still?

Even if symbian dies, is it a big deal? I had a Symbian device for 2 years (nokia e71) and it was good, but it clearly was dated. I found this out once I got a WP7 last christmas... it was like going from a PS1 to a PS3.