By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are PS3 patches sooo mindblowingly SLOW ?

thats weird it tool 16 minutes for the 802 Mb Killzone beta, and then another 1 minute to install it.

Around the Network

no problem here

Oblivion86 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Oblivion86 said:

Because it's PSN not xbox live..

The increase of people like you who feel the need to post useless garbage like this post right here just for the sake of making their preferred console seem better is the reason why post so much less here.

Kindly go back to N4G or Gametrailers or whereever the hell you came from.

And its Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft fans alike...

Oh I'm sorry am I raining your completely PS driven forums. I have recently signed up, but I have come here for a long time and all I ever see is an overabundance of threads trashing 360. I am sorry PSN's online service is inferior, it just so happens this was the way PS wanted to do it. PSN has had an ongoing issue with slow updates, unstable servers, and ridiculously long load times. These are just facts, sorry if you felt my comment was trash, I hope this was more informative for you.

You forgot to add that the online is laggy.

somtimes my download speed is rlly slow like yesterday i downloaded battle feild bad company 2 veitnam DLC and it look like the whole day >.>

Updates are always slow for me, to the point that I left Disgaea 3 updating and went to sleep because it would take 6 hours (600mb patch). Uncharted 2, Modnation and Hot Shots also took hours.

However, downloading anything from PSN is fast, LBP2 demo (2gb) was less than an hour to download.

Around the Network
Oblivion86 said:

Because it's PSN not xbox live..

PSN goes as fast as your internet connection allows (I top my 16gbps here). It seems theres a problem for the OP.

PS3 users must understand Sony offers likes 2-5 mega BYTES/sec download speed ptimally. Its your fault if your network is slow or your cable are loose. I remember downloading uncharted 2 beta in like 20 min. Its the fastest download source ive ever had.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

-ku- said:

PS3 users must understand Sony offers likes 2-5 mega BYTES/sec download speed ptimally. Its your fault if your network is slow or your cable are loose. I remember downloading uncharted 2 beta in like 20 min. Its the fastest download source ive ever had.

Im pretty sure it can offer more then that. But yeah, its fast anyway.

5 minutes top if just 1 patch. Never had to go past 30 for a crapload of them like LBP does if you have never played it before

I never really got the whole 'PSN downloads are slow' thing. I have a pretty sloppy internet connection and it usually takes me about an hour to download a 300mb file and I get similar results on my 360 and PS3. I recenbtly had to update my 360 because I wanted to download the Super Meat Boy demo and it took as long as it would on my PS3, though to be fair, both were kind of slow.

As another example, my cousin has an Optus connection and he downloads demos and updates extremnely fast. I remember being at his house and he downloaded the Kane & Lynch 2 demo in about 15 minutes and that to me, was absolutely mind blowing.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752