By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - uDraw a sales monster

bmmb1 said:
primogen18 said:

Let's just hope they actually keep up with support. I somehow can see them never releasing another game for the thing because that is how peripherals seem to be on Wii.

Beyond their initial statements when it came out and after it started selling well, in their latest financial statement (today.yesterday) THQ said yet again they have additional games planned for it this year .

I remember it being said there was a Spongebob Drawn to Life (for udraw) in the works. If and when it arrives, I'm in (for my girls).

You say that...

Although, this is great news! The more games the better, the tablet has potential, but it has yet to really "take off" as it were...perhaps a worldwide release would rectify this?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
bmmb1 said:
primogen18 said:

Let's just hope they actually keep up with support. I somehow can see them never releasing another game for the thing because that is how peripherals seem to be on Wii.

Beyond their initial statements when it came out and after it started selling well, in their latest financial statement (today.yesterday) THQ said yet again they have additional games planned for it this year .

I remember it being said there was a Spongebob Drawn to Life (for udraw) in the works. If and when it arrives, I'm in (for my girls).

You say that...

Although, this is great news! The more games the better, the tablet has potential, but it has yet to really "take off" as it were...perhaps a worldwide release would rectify this?

The main problem I see for it is that it is coming out in EU in the quiet season, it should have been a holiday release there as well, it would have been a great hit then there, imo perhaps even bigger than in the US

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Conegamer said:
bmmb1 said:
primogen18 said:

You say that...

The main problem I see for it is that it is coming out in EU in the quiet season, it should have been a holiday release there as well, it would have been a great hit then there, imo perhaps even bigger than in the US

It should have, possibly, and probably

The same should be said about Kirby's Epic Yarn as well- it'd have done great if it was a Holiday release, but holding it back seems illogical. That way, they could also focus on, I dunno, translating TLS and Xenoblade for the quiet months, and finishing SS and Pikmin 3

Ah well...

uDraw Studio is currently at 1.2 Million?

My prediction still lives! 

Even if VGC numbers are correct I expect uDraw to pick up later on with a Nintendo release...Brain Age Wii?

*Sound Of Rain said:

Even if VGC numbers are correct I expect uDraw to pick up later on with a Nintendo release...Brain Age Wii?

Why would VGC numbers be right when the company behind them say otherwise?

Also, that sounds reasonable, but what was your prediction anyway? I know you were like the only supporter of uDraw up to, and including, it's release...

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Also, that sounds reasonable, but what was your prediction anyway? I know you were like the only supporter of uDraw up to, and including, it's release...

My prediction was that uDraw Studio(Game that comes bundled with uDraw) would outsell Sports Champions(Moves biggest game and comes with some bundles) Lifetime in America.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Conegamer said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

My prediction was that uDraw Studio(Game that comes bundled with uDraw) would outsell Sports Champions(Moves biggest game and comes with some bundles) Lifetime in America.

Nah, that prediction never made sense (imo). The marketing budget for both is WAY different, the number and variety of games supported will be WAY different. So as much as I would have liked it to even just for the lols, no.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Conegamer said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Nah, that prediction never made sense (imo). The marketing budget for both is WAY different, the number and variety of games supported will be WAY different. So as much as I would have liked it to even just for the lols, no.

LOL...well if it has sold 1.2 Million so far it has a chance.

I've never even heard of it. Guess it's great for little kids. I'm surprised it sold as many as it did. Unless it gets some serious world of mouth support, I don't see this thing taking off like TH-Q expects.

'gaming till I'm gone'

well most likely and is often the case with differences like this betwene numbres companise give and vgchartz numbres is the "shipped" vs "sold" so it could be under a million have them while theers over 200,000 on store shelves.  I doubt it's the 1.2 million in peoples homes.  However it could easily be over the number on this site.