By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy era was the best?

Which Final Fantasy era was the best?

NES era: FF I, II & III 0 0%

SNES era: FF IV, V & VI 105 44.68%

PS1 era: FF VII, VIII & IX 114 48.51%

PS2 era: FF X, X-2 & XII 16 6.81%

Total:235

It's a toss up between the SNES and PS1 eras. Personally, I think the SNES era has the best single game (FFVI) where as, as a collection the PS1 era slightly edges out over the entire generation. I'd say Tactics is kinda the thing that breaks the balance. SNES had the awful Mystic Quest, and Tactics is as good as any of the main series titles.

Around the Network

The PS1 era for me because even though FF X is my favorite FF, my love for FF VII and FF VIII is greater combined than X and so PS1 era takes my vote.

But once FF Versus XIII releases next year, this era will be my favorite era ever.

SNES era for me. FFIV and FFVI are my two favourite games in the series by a long shot.

Carl2291 said:

PS1 Era.

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics

All on one console!

This.

It had Classic Final Fantasy games, back-to-back-to-back-to-back!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Cross-X said:

The PS1 era for me because even though FF X is my favorite FF, my love for FF VII and FF VIII is greater combined than X and so PS1 era takes my vote.

But once FF Versus XIII releases next year, this era will be my favorite era ever.

haha yes...Versus should be a era on its own...shit it should get a console on its own...Nomura VerStation...and it only does directed by Nomura games ^^

Around the Network
Christian973 said:

SNES era. FFVI is the greatest one of them all for me.

Hell yeah.

I'm gonna go with the SNES followed closely by PS1.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

The real question is:

How many of those of you who knew and loved the saga in the SNES era think that the PSX era was better?

I would be shocked if you find more than two on vgchartz.

That, and only that, should make us realize how we tend to judge the later iterations not for its relative quality compared to the previous ones, but for the experience and the impact it made on us as gamers.

pariz said:

The real question is:

How many of those of you who knew and loved the saga in the SNES era think that the PSX era was better?

I would be shocked if you find more than two on vgchartz.

That, and only that, should make us realize how we tend to judge the later iterations not for its relative quality compared to the previous ones, but for the experience and the impact it made on us as gamers.

Well, you could see the "quality" if people played both set of games today.

The same argument about "Impact in gamers" could be used with "Nostalgia", so lets leave it like people have their own opinions and dont start with this "new/young ff players dont know whats really good" thing people often put out.

Oh, and ps3/360 era hasnt finished yet, for all we know, versus XIII could be better or worse than the other games, so I guess thats why its not in the list and not because FFXIII was not well recieved by some people