By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy era was the best?

Which Final Fantasy era was the best?

NES era: FF I, II & III 0 0%

SNES era: FF IV, V & VI 105 44.68%

PS1 era: FF VII, VIII & IX 114 48.51%

PS2 era: FF X, X-2 & XII 16 6.81%

Total:235

I said PS1 Era even though FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy because PS1 had 7,8,9 which were all good games!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

SNES era, my least favorite SNES FF title is FFV and I'd take it over FFVII, FFVIII, FFX-2, FFXII, and FFXIII. Hell I'd take just about anything over FFXIII.

Easily the ps1 era. there where just so many great ff games in such a short period of time xD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

SNES era followed closely by PS1 era.  In the PS1 era, I loved VII and IX, but hated VIII.

The PS2 era was when features started being cut out like the flyable airship.  The HD era seems to be continuing that trend with towns and NPCs.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

both snes and psx eras are amazing, the highlight of the whole series, but I consider the snes era to be more consistent quality-wise. 

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Around the Network

I could've predicted the responses.

Nintendo fan: SNES era

Sony fan: PS1/PS2 era

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

FinalEvangelion said:

SNES era followed closely by PS1 era.  In the PS1 era, I loved VII and IX, but hated VIII.

The PS2 era was when features started being cut out like the flyable airship.  The HD era seems to be continuing that trend with towns and NPCs.

This in every way, I hated VIII too.

PS2 era for me, though VIII and tactics war of the lions combined make the ps1 era a close 2nd

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

The one that had FF IV.

SNES era for me, no RPG IMO comes close to VI