Price 36 15.65%

1 Huge Hit(Wii Fit, Kinect) 25 10.87%

All Play An Equal Role 73 31.74%

Total:230

the main thing that sells a system is marketing

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

i dont have to list a spec sheet do I? i thought it was excepted that ps3 has better hardware.

have u seen a list of exclusives for each system that has 85 or better on metacritic. (sure there may be some niche games or games that have lower meta than that ,that 360 that you like better than whats on ps3, but on talking about games that have broad appeal and are accepted by most reviewers as being good)

make your own damn list you are making the claim. You keep asking me to bring proof into this or my experience yet you have done zilch. Get some sources or dont argue something you dont know

are you seriously trying to argue that xbox is more powerful. and youre the one telling me I dont know what im talking about. the irony

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

http://www.audioholics.com/buying-guides/how-to-shop/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360

Processor 3.2GHz Cell w/ 7 SPEs
2.0 TFLOPS
3.2GHz G5 w/ 3 Cores
1.0 TFLOPS
Memory 256MB XDR @ 3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz
512MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz
10MB Embedded DRAM
GPU 550MHz NVIDIA 500MHz ATi

killeryoshis said:

I know for sure its not games!

You'd be right. It basically goes in this order.

1. Price

2. Exclusive Games

3. 3rd Party Games

4. Brand / Loyality

5. Advertising

The price is key obviously When the PS3 was released the price was obviously too high. It didn't have many great exclusives either which was like a double whammy on it. Even after some good exclusives were released, the system still didn't sell as well as people expected. Even after a minor price cut after it's 1st 6 months out on retail, it didn't make a huge difference. It wasn't until the PS3 Slim and a significant price cut (down to $299.99) caused gamers to dive into the PS3 pool. Price is the driving factor, especially for casual gamers and there are way more casual gamers, then hardcore. After that, it's all about the games and brand loyality.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Lafiel said:

the main thing that sells a system is marketing

Not necceasarily. The PS3 was marketed to death before it launched and it still sold poorly. It really depends on the price and the quality of the product. Even the MOVE was marketed pretty well and it didn't all that great either. Even though the product is good, the price and games for it was surely a factor in it's lower sales.

'gaming till I'm gone'

People wanting to buy it!

Most people aren't going to want to believe it, but it is most definitly games library.

It's just, most people have different taste then the average user around here.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

it was $499 and $599. and that all you need you didnt need, wifi, hddvd add-on, proprietary HDD, or $50 xbl. well i guess you could have bought another controller and a $10 mic.

im am not saying xbox is bad, nor im i trolling it, but surely you must admit that ps3 has superior capabilities. and it could be argued(easily) that ps3 has more/features . furthermore if you get ps3 you're not gonna miss out on many games, but if you only had an xbox you miss out on dozen of AAA titles (just look at 2011). 

i backed up my opinion why xbox inferior why reasons and facts, i suggest you do the same when you make comments like this

No It was 499 where you lived. In australia where I was basing mine it was that much. 

Why would I admit that, in terms of graphics Killzone 2 (possibly 3) and Uncharted 2 (as far as I have heard) passes everything on the 360. In terms of what Naughty Dog and Guerilla Games can do on the 360 who knows. They are both very good developers and know how to get the best out of something. 

360's main engine is UE3 and in terms of engines it is not the strongest but multiplats seem to like the 360 in more cases because of it.

You didnt back up with facts, you brought your opinion into it. Opinion is not fact. Please don't confuse them. 

You are simply saying PS3 has more features. If we are comparing why don't we bring everything into it Online etc. Why? Because you are conversing on your terms that is fine. But that is also why it is just your opinion.

In terms of ps3 and missing out on games, you miss out on games on the 360 as well. 2011 is not the only year go back and you will see more of an example. Just because games on the 360 can be ran on the PC should not hold them back at all. In fact it shows how 360 is benefitting from the PC as opposed to PS3. 

i dont have to list a spec sheet do I? i thought it was excepted that ps3 has better hardware.

have u seen a list of exclusives for each system that has 85 or better on metacritic. (sure there may be some niche games or games that have lower meta than that ,that 360 that you like better than whats on ps3, but on talking about games that have broad appeal and are accepted by most reviewers as being good)

Yeah uh... reviewers aren't a broad spectrum of people.  They're a very homogonious niche group who revies soley for a niche part of the videogame audience.

osamanobama said:

are you seriously trying to argue that xbox is more powerful. and youre the one telling me I dont know what im talking about. the irony

2.0 TFLOPS
3.2GHz G5 w/ 3 Cores
1.0 TFLOPS
256MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz
512MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz
10MB Embedded DRAM

Wow that was fun. Xbox360 graphics card is known to actually be more powerful then ps3's, ps3 compensate with processor. Fact.

It appears you don't in fact know what you are talking about. And I am not merely talking about specs, you are talking about specs, but hey if we talk about that why dont we talk about ps3's outdated wireless adaptor. That will be fun, lets do that.

Or why don't we talk about Squilliams side about online. This conversation was finished the second you brought physical number stats into the ball game. Why do you think the 360 apparently handles lighting better?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

2.0 TFLOPS
3.2GHz G5 w/ 3 Cores
1.0 TFLOPS
256MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz
512MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz
10MB Embedded DRAM

Wow that was fun. Xbox360 graphics card is known to actually be more powerful then ps3's, ps3 compensate with processor. Fact.

It appears you don't in fact know what you are talking about. And I am not merely talking about specs, you are talking about specs, but hey if we talk about that why dont we talk about ps3's outdated wireless adaptor. That will be fun, lets do that.

Or why don't we talk about Squilliams side about online. This conversation was finished the second you brought physical number stats into the ball game. Why do you think the 360 apparently handles lighting better?

did you not go to the ign link, the ps3's GPU isnt that far behind, and it doesnt mater when you take into account the cell which can behave like a GPU.

have you seen/played Uncharted DF, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, God of War 3? clearly not, and according to sites like digital foundry they have yet to be passed up by anything on console. 

and i have already discusse the online of both system (in great depth) and noted why i think psn a much better.

but im done talking to you, you clearly dont know much about this topic, its not even worth debating with you about the power of consoles, next youll be trying to tell me 3ds is as powerful as the NGP

Innovation is in my opinion the more important thing in a console, when that console has something new and unique to offer, something you just won't find in other systems, that was the key for nintendo in 2004 and 2006, and for microsoft last year, what do you think?

Mario