By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Dark in now "Dark Souls"!!!!!! (and some new info.)

This game sounds awesome (If you were a fan of Demon's Souls)  but I have to admit some disappointment that this one won't be exclusive.   Call me crazy but I'm not too excited by Namco-Bandai's multi-platform efforts on previous titles.  And I also feel that this multi-platform development really hinders a lot of games in terms of core content provided. 

Regardless, this game sounds really good and the Co-op was something I begged for in Demon's Souls.  That would be sublime.

Around the Network
Rpruett said:

This game sounds awesome (If you were a fan of Demon's Souls)  but I have to admit some disappointment that this one won't be exclusive.   Call me crazy but I'm not too excited by Namco-Bandai's multi-platform efforts on previous titles.  And I also feel that this multi-platform development really hinders a lot of games in terms of core content provided. 

Regardless, this game sounds really good and the Co-op was something I begged for in Demon's Souls.  That would be sublime.

I would normally agree with you but Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 had a very similar situation and the game turned out to be amazing. 

Rpruett said:

Demon's Souls did have a form of co-op.

And seeing how poorly Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, as well as Enslaved performed, I can't say I'm very confident about Bamco's publishing efforts in the West.

OT: Sales aside, I can't wait for this baby to drop.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Dark Souls is multiplatform, woohoo can't wait try this on 360..

routsounmanman said:
iLLmaticV3 said:

OMG! Sequel to Demons' Souls, confirmed! Can't freaking wait, I loved the first one soooo much. Put 100's of hours into it.

Just 100 hours? You're a softie.

Umm...I said "100's of hours." You know what "100's of hours" means...right? It means a couple hundred hours.

And I'm a softie? Thanks...

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Rpruett said:

Demon's Souls did have a form of co-op.

And seeing how poorly Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, as well as Enslaved performed, I can't I'm very confident about Bamco's publishing efforts in the West.

OT: Sales aside, I can't wait for this baby to drop.

Well I suppose you're right.  I guess I meant a more tangible form of co-op (Even though I greatly enjoyed Demon's Souls Co-Op system.).  A same system co-op system or friends list co-op system addition would be greatly desired.

Fantastic! Day one.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Best news I've had in these last couple of weeks

Demon's Souls is my game of the generation so far, so if any game can build up on it's formula and perfect it beyond the greatness that DS was, then the only thing I can express is an immense satisfaction. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Swamp zombies! YAY! :D

Amazing! My PS3 hungers for this gem!