By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony do this for NGP? (price related)

kowenicki said:
bmmb1 said:
mtlca66 said:

Okay, so we don't really have any idea what the price will be for the NGP, but lets say it's expensive. Do you think Sony would do some sort of price subsidation ala the iphone/cell phones? ($600-700 iphone for 200-300 with a 2 yr plan)

This would obviously be for the 3G version only.

Hypothetical situation:

2 models, base is 300, 3G is 400.

Since it's not like a cellphone they obviously can't have a contract signed and then buy the product.. so you think they'd offer a rebate?

$100 rebate with 2 yr 3G contract, so both models are 300.

Yeah i know it's a long shot, but just curious as to if they would do this if the NGP is expensive.

(not sure if anyone brought this up anywhere)

I think Amazon's KIndle would maybe be a better analogy than cell phones. There is the Kindle with 3G and there is the Kindle without it. Then again, the use of the 3G on the NGP would be much more intense than on the Kindle (I think), so maybe it is not such a good example. Anyway, what is Amazon's offer for the Kindle 3G?

Amazon fund the cost for the 3g on the kindle... it has no cost, no subscription.  

Worldwide 3G access is included in the initial cost of the device.

Well, if Amazon do that, couldn't Sony?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
kowenicki said:
bmmb1 said:
mtlca66 said:

Okay, so we don't really have any idea what the price will be for the NGP, but lets say it's expensive. Do you think Sony would do some sort of price subsidation ala the iphone/cell phones? ($600-700 iphone for 200-300 with a 2 yr plan)

This would obviously be for the 3G version only.

Hypothetical situation:

2 models, base is 300, 3G is 400.

Since it's not like a cellphone they obviously can't have a contract signed and then buy the product.. so you think they'd offer a rebate?

$100 rebate with 2 yr 3G contract, so both models are 300.

Yeah i know it's a long shot, but just curious as to if they would do this if the NGP is expensive.

(not sure if anyone brought this up anywhere)

I think Amazon's KIndle would maybe be a better analogy than cell phones. There is the Kindle with 3G and there is the Kindle without it. Then again, the use of the 3G on the NGP would be much more intense than on the Kindle (I think), so maybe it is not such a good example. Anyway, what is Amazon's offer for the Kindle 3G?

Amazon fund the cost for the 3g on the kindle... it has no cost, no subscription.  

Well, if Amazon do that, couldn't Sony?

Amazon has an ginormious margin in each book they sell, and AFAIK you can only use the 3G to buy books, which have a ridiculous size. NGP would transfer several thousands of times bigger archives, with much higher transfer costs.

kowenicki said:

Amazon doesn't pay for access to the 3G network they just include the small data charge for each book inside the purchase price. Since each book is less than a few MB this is easy to do.

Tease.

Sony wont do this...but Verizon, AT&T, Tmobile or whoever the mobile carrier where you live may try do this.

snakenobi said:
Aion said:

When they release the NGP, i hope downlooadable psp games become super cheap.

all psp games are to become $10 or less in the playstation suite

Omg are you serious, but could i buy it on the psn store and download it to a psp go?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Aion said:
snakenobi said:
Aion said:

When they release the NGP, i hope downlooadable psp games become super cheap.

all psp games are to become $10 or less in the playstation suite

Omg are you serious, but could i buy it on the psn store and download it to a psp go?

obviously

SONY said that they would want people to buy NGP after experiencing PS SUITE so they would be syncing acounts,you can download it on any  device as long its purchased under your account