By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - China's military badassery

Other countries should follow this... why do you think China isn't in a recession? low cost military! ;)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Xen said:
NotStan said:

Lol I lived in Russia too, so that's the reason it annoys me too. I also did the Cold War in detail, it's not like Americans were any better. Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea etc. Instigating wars all over the place. And both superpowers undermining each other in their respective wars. Human nature can be so pathetic sometimes. Out of Russian cinematorgrophy all I remember are a ton of Afghanistan related movies and Brother/Brother 2. Epic films.

R.I.P Bodrov.

Yup, Bodrov is missed. Brother and 2 are brillaint mfaia fils, with some of the best music in film generally.

Yeah true, Nautilus are amazing! So are Bi-2, those are just few of the bands that I've found out thanks to those movies. None of that "When a man loves a woman" Hollywood shit :p. All it needs is some Viktor Tsoy, I can't remember if there was any in there to make it my favourite soundtrack of all time.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

If I was President Obama I'd make fun of this. I'd be like man China's mighty new fighter jet can take out an F-5 whoopdy dooh. THen do a video of a F-22 taking the shit out of China's latest fighter jet. You'd think China would have at least CGed a decent video. I mean you could easily fake a fighter jet being blown up, hollywood does all the time. Also the news cast didn't explain what happened to the other pilot I didn't see him jetison, so Chinese pilots are now taking each other out in training excersizes?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Didn't something real similiar to this happen recently.

Joelcool7 said:

If I was President Obama I'd make fun of this. I'd be like man China's mighty new fighter jet can take out an F-5 whoopdy dooh. THen do a video of a F-22 taking the shit out of China's latest fighter jet. You'd think China would have at least CGed a decent video. I mean you could easily fake a fighter jet being blown up, hollywood does all the time. Also the news cast didn't explain what happened to the other pilot I didn't see him jetison, so Chinese pilots are now taking each other out in training excersizes?

I woudln't think he'd want to talk up American fighters when he basically cut off all new funding for more badass super fighters.

I think out of the 200 or so we were supposed to have produced under his presidency we'll end up with 19.

I mean, I get it though... It's not like we're even remotely likely to go to war vs any other airforce of any significance... and even if we did we should have plenty of time to gear up and build more.

We aren't likely to even get into another Iraq or Afghanistan.   At best we'll end up in the "Clintonian" style wars... where while we used pretty top of the line Airplanes, I think we were just dropping bombs that were about to be scheduled for destruction anway.  (Unfortunionitly including cluster missles.)

F-22's would really only matter if we went up against like... the EU or a similar power.  Those things are crazy if the documentries i've seen on em are true. 

They're supposed to be so badass that one can take out an entire squadron of any other plane in existence.

Around the Network

Although, I suppose it IS worth mentioning that China has apparently created the second "true" Stealth Bomber in the world.

From reverse engineered remains of a US Stealth Bomber no less.  Chengdu J-20.

Kasz216 said:

Although, I suppose it IS worth mentioning that China has apparently created the second "true" Stealth Bomber in the world.

Russia doesn't have a stealth bomber? Surely they do? Canada is supposed to buy 65 of the new F-35's somebody else must have some kind of stealth fighter? I could have sworn Iran was showing off a stealth fighter alittle while ago. If not holy crap nobody would stand a chance at fighting the US Air Force. Isn't the Eurofighter a stealth fighter.

Stealth fighters that drop bombs are technically stealth bombers right?

-JC7

Joelcool7 said:
Kasz216 said:

Russia doesn't have a stealth bomber? Surely they do? Canada is supposed to buy 65 of the new F-35's somebody else must have some kind of stealth fighter? I could have sworn Iran was showing off a stealth fighter alittle while ago. If not holy crap nobody would stand a chance at fighting the US Air Force. Isn't the Eurofighter a stealth fighter.

It's something goofy with the way the new American stealth technology works or so I read.... I don't really get it either to be honest. 

Like it's more stealth to more stuff... somehow.  I mean, us selling our own Stealth bombers to other nations isn't a problem because we know their exact capabilties and their weaknesses.

As for F-35's...  would be better off buyin F-22s.  From what I hear the F-35's are having some huge problems in development.  They'd be better off just scraping the project and starting over I think... but they've already spent so much.

Kasz216 said:
Joelcool7 said:
Kasz216 said:

It's something goofy with the way the new American stealth technology works or so I read.... I don't really get it either to be honest. 

Like it's more stealth to more stuff... somehow.  I mean, us selling our own Stealth bombers to other nations isn't a problem because we know their exact capabilties and their weaknesses.

As for F-35's...  would be better off buyin F-22s.  From what I hear the F-35's are having some huge problems in development.  They'd be better off just scraping the project and starting over I think... but they've already spent so much.

Yah our opposition parties want Canada to pull out of development. We can't buy F-22's to my knowledge the US isn't selling them at the moment. As you say our countries have spent way to much money on the F-35 to scrap it, it better end up being worth it though.

-JC7

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this actually was footage from a training drill and not a shot from Top Gun? I know its indisputable but If I was a member of the chinese government and it was a real drill and everyone called it a shot from Top Gun I'd be pretty pissed.

-JC7