By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up - 22nd January 2011

At least Kinect Adventures isn't on top.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:

I take it this means 360 shortages in the US were exaggerated at best.

maybe but imagine if they werent o.0

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Carl2291 said:
PosGameWeekWeeklyTotal
LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
1 266,137 266,137
Kinect Adventures! (X360)
Microsoft
12 140,635 5,302,506
Wii Sports (Wii)
Nintendo
218 115,595 40,272,817
Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
Nintendo
78 93,517 12,199,024
Just Dance 2 (Wii)
Ubisoft
15 83,865 3,322,816
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii)
LucasArts
1 72,564 72,564
Call of Duty: Black Ops (X360)
Activision
11 72,314 7,372,829
DC Universe Online (PS3)
Sony Online Entertainment
2 55,466 177,319
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
Electronic Arts
1 51,270 51,270
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Activision
11 49,920 4,365,722

Am I the only one not impressed with LBP2?

No, you're not. It basicly flopped my monthly prediction because I fell on the hype for that little big bastard.

EDIT: it migh actually reach my prediction if it sells 340k next week.

Above: still the best game of the year.

The 360 continues to shine in the US!

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Xenostar said:

Again what Microsoft said was.

They ran out of 360s in early to mid December.

They then air shipped newly manufactured units that would have been put on boats.

360s will be in short supply late January through mid February.

This is because the units they were air shipping were meant to start arriving now. Those boats that were supposed to arrive now through mid February didnt leave because they were empty.  So the shortages are really just starting now.  Go to www.bestbuy.com and check store availability for your zip code.  For mine I checked the 18 closest stores to me.  No 250 GB 360, no 4GB 360, ship to store only for 250GB Kinect 360, and most have the 4GB Kinect 360. A week ago they were all available. So the shortages are starting.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:

GT5 holding worse than GT4,maybe it's because it sold better in the first 7 weeks?

What?

GT5 Week 9: 23,187
GT4 Week 9: 20,685

GT5 was doing better than GT4 in Americas... inclusive cumulative.

I didn't understand until now why people here thinks GT5 is doing worst than GT4... because for now it is tracking ahead GT4.

kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:
Xenostar said:

They then air shipped newly manufactured units that would have been put on boats.

This is because the units they were air shipping were meant to start arriving now. Those boats that were supposed to arrive now through mid February didnt leave because they were empty.  So the shortages are really just starting now.  Go to www.bestbuy.com and check store availability for your zip code.  For mine I checked the 18 closest stores to me.  No 250 GB 360, no 4GB 360, ship to store only for 250GB Kinect 360, and most have the 4GB Kinect 360. A week ago they were all available. So the shortages are starting.

this has been explained many times... people just don't want to hear it. 

Ahh ok that makes more sense i hadn,t realised they brought there shipments forward using air freight, but sureley that means if they wanted they could still stop shortages if they wanted by carrying on with air freight, i guess that has a heavy cut into profitability tho and now xmas is over they may just take the hit and wait.

Xenostar said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:
Xenostar said:

this has been explained many times... people just don't want to hear it. 

Ahh ok that makes more sense i hadn,t realised they brought there shipments forward using air freight, but sureley that means if they wanted they could still stop shortages if they wanted by carrying on with air freight, i guess that has a heavy cut into profitability tho and now xmas is over they may just take the hit and wait.

Sooner or later they need to take the hit and taking the hit now makes the most fiscal sense.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Another strong 360 week in US.  PS3 okay given its position.  With the flip flop of positions across US, EMEAA and Japan it's going to be very close this year.  Worldwide nobody is even close to dominating anymore.

Great LBP2 start.  Anyone expecting more is simply ignoring the titles sales profile and history.  That's a good launch particularly at this time of year.

ME2 again I think is okay for a late port and again launching in such a dead time when a lot of people have blown their budget for games during December.  I think worldwide - with PSN sales combined - it'll do okay.

ME3 will be the test of the franchise on PS3.

GT5 holding well as is Kinect.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

people being claiming shortage since the beginning of the year, you guys need to get your shortage excuse right, what will you do if next week the 360 sell the same amount and do the same the week after that??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.