By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My next kinect game - Carnival Games to hit stores in April

this game will be fun for the family.  Being able to use kinect voice recognition will be fun.

Players will even be able to use the Kinect’s voice recognition software, to talk with The Amazing Wodin and have their fortune told. Other fun carnival classics such as Wheel of Chance, Milk Bottle Throw and Alley Ball will also be included in the upcoming game.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/01/27/carnival-games-in-action-new-xbox-360-kinect-title-announced/

Around the Network

The Carnival games are not my thing!! My nephew loves these games though. A party game could be nice if its good.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Are you serious or are you joking?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Hopefully it will be better then Game Party in Motion

Each to their own I guess...

Around the Network

I'm getting annoyed by all this low quality support coming to Kinect.

MS really has to get on these developers about quality control.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It will be interesting to track the upcoming sales of the Dr. Kawashima game.  Might be a precursor to this game's sales.

Mr Puggsly said:

Nobody seemed to believe me when I said the casual party kiddie low quality wave would hit HD consoles just like it hit Wii when motion controls were first introduced, but here it comes and it WILL be big next holiday season. Tons of "carnival games" clones, tons of Kinectimals  clones like the Petz series, some of the "Imagine" games like Party Babyz might even make an appearance.

primogen18 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nobody seemed to believe me when I said the casual party kiddie low quality wave would hit HD consoles just like it hit Wii when motion controls were first introduced, but here it comes and it WILL be big next holiday season. Tons of "carnival games" clones, tons of Kinectimals  clones like the Petz series, some of the "Imagine" games like Party Babyz might even make an appearance.

Just because it's a party game does not mean it's a bad game. It's all about how much time and effort they put into making the game work and work good. Kinect sports, great. KInect adventures, great. Game Party in motion, Horrible. Not because it was a bad idea but because how it controls.

So what does a party game have to do with low quality unless it is a crap game. So it comes down to how good the game plays and interacts.  

So unless it's hardcore, it's crap. I'm getting sick of peaple insisting that only hardcore shooter and cut them up games are quality. It comes down to whether the game is crap or not.

As far as it being a carnival game, it could be great. How do you know off just the name and the choice of the game that it is low quality.  YOU DON'T AND SHOULD STOP THINKING PEOPLE ONLY PLAY HARDCORE AND THAT IS IT.

givin yes there is going to be bad games. Isn't that in any game catagory.

Now to my thoughts on the game. Sounds like it has some good ideas and has a few stages and not just one stage or area of play. Now lets hope that they put time into making it precise and not like game party.