By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NGP announced!! NEW PSP! specs inside

Galaki said:

Any sizes comparision chart around?

How big is this thing?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/27/next-generation-portable-ngp-all-the-early-details

External Dimensions Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

And the PSP 1000 is approximately 170 x 73 x 22 mm. The NGP is actually thinner than the PSP 1000.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Galaki said:

Any sizes comparision chart around?

How big is this thing?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/27/next-generation-portable-ngp-all-the-early-details

External Dimensions Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

And the PSP 1000 is approximately 170 x 73 x 22 mm. The NGP is actually thinner than the PSP 1000.

The thickness is really good, but damn, that's really long, LOL.

Well well it looks like a PSP just like how the 3DS looks like a DS as someone complained about before. Looks hot but those analogue sticks, don’t they stick out a bit too much? I mean if you don’t protect it and just put it in you pocket or something won’t they become bad after a while?  

I still want too see this in motion lol have to dig around or maybe there are not videos yet?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

added the battery life info and 3rd party support info the the ps meeting thread OP

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Galaki said:

I can't let that one go without comment. I just can't.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Spankey said:
Galaki said:

I can't let that one go without comment. I just can't.

O snap. Someone caught it.

I guess I won't be buying UMD's again... 

This looks really good, I hope it doesn't cost too much. The analogue sticks look a bit vulnerable, but I guess you can't really tell just by looking at it.  

Sigh! The system is just announce and it's releasing in the Holiday season. We still don't know it's launch games. This event's focus is what can the PSP2 can do. The specs and etc. It was greatly shown and I am impressed. If you guys expecting a lot of games at this event that's very very naive. You expect sony to put their eggs on one basket and reveal it all at this event and just forget about the other event?

It's also very naive to think that NGP (which is not the official name) will only have ports or the NGP won't have many support. This is also directed to the other thread.  You guys should wait for E3 and TGS before you guys spout non sense. Kojima will show a game in there and I am pretty sure others will too. 

The hardware looks impressive, now lets bring on GDC/E3/whatever for some real game announcements and pricing info.

VGChartz

Everyone's going to be pissed when the prices of the games rocketed to that of PS3 equivalent.