By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NGP announced!! NEW PSP! specs inside

wtf? double post....

Around the Network

I'm not liking the games that were rumored...I'm just not that into FPS. I'm not surprised by the specs, since it was only natural Sony would go for that approach. I'm still buying this someday though if they get some good JRPGs in there. I must admit though, I still preffer the 3DS.

Also, why NGP?

Solid-Stark said:

I will pay up to $350 for this! I hope there is a game bundled on launch. Awsome can't wait!

And for those hating, you are not true gamers. A real gamer would be proud that there will be an HD console like experience on the go.

but we are, thats why we like the 3DS announcement =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
Solid-Stark said:

I will pay up to $350 for this! I hope there is a game bundled on launch. Awsome can't wait!

And for those hating, you are not true gamers. A real gamer would be proud that there will be an HD console like experience on the go.

lol he said HD console like, so no :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I must admit that I'm not really surprised by the NGP. On one hand, it's great to see all the specs and get excited over it, but on the other hand, what's the point of the high specs of the NPG? Why would I play a console experience on a small (but super gorgeous ) screen, when I have a dedicated console to play console games on a 42' HDTV? That's the reason why I don't play handheld games that much. It's only when a handheld game delivers something unique to the system that I take interest.

You have to consider that the high-specs, although very impressive, come with a high-cost. You likely won't find the kind of unique innovative games found on the DS as you will with the NGP. That's the reason why the DS succeeded where the PSP didn't. The PSP didn't have a unique set of hardware features that the DS did, and failed due to a lack of unique innovative games on the handheld (among other things). Instead, most of the games found on the PSP emulated PS2 games in their gameplay and design, rather than relying on new and creative ideas to spark interest in the platform. The NGP now has a unique set of hardware features, but developers can't afford to take risks on this handheld where as on the DS they could. The NGP doesn't have the luxury that the DS did where they can experiment with different concepts and ideas and not take too big of a hit with development costs.

I can almost guarantee you that most developers, especially in the NGP's early years, will "play it safe" by only creating console-like games for this handheld and very few will actually take risks and create something new. The only time where you will most likely see something unique is on the PSN store where games will be of lesser budget. While creating console-like games isn't necessarily a "bad thing", it's taking away the whole idea of handheld gaming. Handheld gaming is supposed to offer something truly unique that separates itself from gaming consoles. Otherwise, you'll be shoehorning a console experience on a 5' screen that would be better served on a dedicated gaming console.

The NGP definitely has the potential to be a unique handheld gaming machine; with it's multi-touch screen, and rear-facing touch pad, it has the makings of delivering on this. But because of the high-development costs, developers are most likely going to port console games on this handheld and be too afraid to take risks where the NPG needs to succeed and make itself unique. If shoehorning console games on the NPG is going to be the developer trend, then I think the NPG will miss the mark and be another PSP.

In laymen terms, the NPG is d00med!

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Raze said:
Solid-Stark said:

Probably, yeah. =D  Afterall the order is SD then HD, then 3D. So 3D is HD 3D. Haven't you seen some of the game shots at last E3?  You wouldnt call that HD quality? =)

Raze said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Raze said:
Solid-Stark said:

Probably, yeah. =D  Afterall the order is SD then HD, then 3D. So 3D is HD 3D. Haven't you seen some of the game shots at last E3?  You wouldnt call that HD quality? =)

:P who made up that 'order'..anywho no I already had a similar convo with someone else too I think...metralha I think? about this..no, even the best looking game on the 3DS which RE at the moment as far as I know is no where near HD quality. sorry

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Raze said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Raze said:
Solid-Stark said:

:P who made up that 'order'..anywho no I already had a similar convo with someone else too I think...metralha I think? about this..no, even the best looking game on the 3DS which RE at the moment as far as I know is no where near HD quality. sorry

You dont have to apologize for your opinion, no matter how wrong it might be =P