By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 3DS limit PSP2?

iasta said:
mornelithe said:
iasta said:
mornelithe said:

You're right, it's $299.  Save that dollar and put it to some good use.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65790

EPIC Fail...

Actually on January Nintendo got a conference in US where they announce the 3DS price at... 249$ (you can check on amazon instead of search for some article that convert the Yen price).

I had laugh for the 3D things, the big difference for 3D with the 3DS is every owner of the system can use the 3D because of the build-in 3D, it can't be said for the PC or console for which you have to buy expensive TV/screen.

As for the internal studio... Juste compare the sales of Nintendo games on Wii/DS to the one of Sony games on PS3/PSP, i think the first one sells a shit load more than the second. Sure sony get some core fan that will follow sony franchise on handheld, but are they more than nintendo audience? i don't think so.

Oh yay another child who uses the term 'Epic fail',  grow the fuck up.

This isn't a thread about who's better.  If you actually take a second to read what the OP asked, he said would the 3DS hold the PSP2 back.     The answer is no, both companies have massive internal studios, and will receive incredible support from them.  Christ, fuckin children.

Nice to call me child... i am quite sure i am much more older than you. Anyway, this big mistake on the pricing just was a big blow for your argumentation. Cite an september 2010 article as there was a Nintendo conference in which they say the price jst few weeks ago show how you know well about the 3DS.

After, yes 1st party studio can play a role, but actually i think for that Nintendo are in stronger position than sony. Also the bigger success on the psp are 3rd party software (GTA, Monster Hunter) not so much 1st party.

The PS3 spin off on NGP will help the sales to the loyalist sony fans... but even without that they will have bought the system anyway, the question is how this game will help sony to extant its core?

Stop using childish terms, and you won't be treated as a child.  Pretty simple.  So I made a flub on the 3DS, off by 51 dollars, oooooh.  That's just HUGE.   A simple correction is sufficient, I'd say, Epic Fail seems...well, childish and infantile, to say nothing of inappropriate for actual public discourse.

Again, you're straying from the topic at hand.  It isn't about who is in the stronger position, it's about whether the 3DS will hold the NGP back.  As I've said...numerous freekin times now.  No, it won't.  Sony's approach to the PSP, is not necessarily the approach they're going to have to the NGP, and assuming a company is incapable of evolving it's business strategy is a bit naive.  Their first parties have taken a much much greater roll this generation, as 3rd parties moved away to other platforms.  Sony forces those people who do come crawling back, to jump through numerous hurdles before allowing them to port anything.  The same is not said for their 1st party studios, who've put out what, 3 GOTY games?  And no shortage of stellar titles?

And given the entire architecture/design process of the NGP (as with the 3DS), included the developers as well as the engineers, all of Sony's internal devs will be more than familiar with the system right out of the gate, unlike the PS3 which they admittedly screwed up in that aspect.   Couple that with the NGP's ability to run all shaders the PS3 uses, as well as being able to run the code the PS3 employs (with minor alteration, of course), it means it'll not only run complex in order code like the PS3 requires, but less complex out of order code that modern general purpose CPU's utilize.

I don't really care what you enjoy playing, I don't really care what you prefer, however, stay on topic.  This isn't about which will perform better, we both know Nintendo shoots for a much wider demographic than Sony does.  Sony continuously aims at the core that has kept them running since the PS1 debuted.  Nintendo has their iconic line that is typically targeted at younger audiences (although, let's be clear, everyone still enjoys them, regardless of age...it's more that Nintendo adamantly refuses to make games for people older than 15).  And, well, I just want a platform that has more adult oriented games.  Sony doesn't need to 'expand their core', they simply need to regain much of what they lost in the transition from PS2 to PS3.  

Around the Network

There is no way the 3DS will be holding back the NGP.  The NGP will be getting basically the HD console games.  It will have much support from western 3rd parties because of their multiplatform development workflow. It was Sony's smartest decision IMHO.  It also supports Unreal Engine 3 which means it's dev costs will be insignificant for 3rd parties as well since they have already invested heavily in Unreal Engine 3. It will also have many iOs ports because of it's specification and processor type.  Around the time the NGP finally releases cell phones will be getting closer as the first dual core phones should be coming out soon(may already be out) anyway making the NGP share games with the fastest growing platform in the industry leaving the 3DS out of the loop(on the newer iOS games anyway).  The 3DS can't and wont stop that from happening. 

i just know i will get NGP and not 3DS thats all, cause i'm a hardcore gamers and 3DS still a casual gaming device to me after all...