By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will "The Last Story" sell Week 1 in Japan?

What will "The Last Story" sell Week 1 in Japan?

Below 50k 10 3.68%

50-80k 7 2.57%

80-100k 29 10.66%

100-130k 78 28.68%

130-170k 56 20.59%

170k+ 92 33.82%

Total:272

300k, well advertised, Nintendo support, tons of hype. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Soriku said:
psrock said:

300k, well advertised, Nintendo support, tons of hype. 

First shipment isn't even that big...second shipment and first combined probably won't either. 300k or more LTD is possible though if it does like ioi says...

Are we still sticking to that 120k first shipment rumor?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

arrgh @ nintendo and it's undershipping policy

kopstudent89 said:

arrgh @ nintendo and it's undershipping policy

Agreed

When a game is likely to sell out, why ship less than needed? 

Well, we'll see soon enough...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

1 more update, apparantly the second shipment has arrived and is selling very well. No more info thus far, but I shall update if it changes

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

1 more update, apparantly the second shipment has arrived and is selling very well. No more info thus far, but I shall update if it changes

How do you know that?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
Conegamer said:

How do you know that?

Information from this website and others?

I shall try to find the exact link, but many retailers (Amazon JP for example) are in stock, but have been fluctuating in and out all day. It's also one of the biggest sellers on the sam site, and a similar thing occurs when you look at other Japanese retailers

Estimating second shipment of 100k, I see a 160k opening week, and a 60k Week 2

Conegamer said:
Beuli2 said:
Conegamer said:

How do you know that?

I shall try to find the exact link, but many retailers (Amazon JP for example) are in stock, but have been fluctuating in and out all day. It's also one of the biggest sellers on the sam site, and a similar thing occurs when you look at other Japanese retailers

So maybe ioi was right! The Last Story can do over 200 opening week! Word of mouth and strong advertisement will lead on selling it 500k! Meaning we get a localization and The Last Story II! Yessssssss!

Dreams can come true right??

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:
Conegamer said:
Beuli2 said:
Conegamer said:

How do you know that?

So maybe ioi was right! The Last Story can do over 200 opening week! Word of mouth and strong advertisement will lead on selling it 500k! Meaning we get a localization and The Last Story II! Yessssssss!

Dreams can come true right??

They can. Rhythm paradise was localised and sold a million remember

Perhaps it can. 500k should be in the bag, and 1 mil if it's localised...

Japan preview reckons at least 154k, up to maybe 170k and beyond!

I think many of us, including myself, underrated this game. How wrong we were