By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rummor: Sony will ban all Jailbroken PS3's Firmeware 3.6

PS3 Firmware 3.60 Update: Banning Jailbreak Systems?

By: Peter Chubb | January 17, 2011 | More In: Gaming, Sony Playstation 3

Since the PS3 was hacked one would assume that Sony would be trying to develop something to counter this. We do not know how true this is, but we have reason to believe that PS3 firmware update 3.60 will be banning systems; that’s according to SlyGamers. 

When Geohotz cracked the PlayStation there was mixed reaction from users. Those who are out to save money did not care, but most who would much rather do things the legal way are angry that jailbreaking the console could cause games to increase in price.

SlyGamers believes that they have the proof that firmware v3.60 will ban Jailbreak PS3’s due to a phone call that was made to Sony Australia. We will not add the video below, but if you want to listen to the phone call, then you will have to visit the source website.

The caller, who obviously has a jailbroken PlayStation 3 was told in no uncertain terms that he can expect his system to be banned from PSN. This is a lot like the move that Microsoft done with it’s Xbox 360 on Xbox Live. We still do not know if this will happen or not, but it is not impossible.

Do you believe that PS3 Jailbreak Systems should be banned from the PlayStation Network?

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, subscribe to all PR news or only gaming news.
Read more about Jailbreak, sony, Sony PS3 firmware.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/01/17/ps3-firmware-3-60-update-banning-jailbreak-systems/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this has not been posted, and I sure hope it's true so I can go back to playing Cod4.  What do you guys think??

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

Yes, they should be banned...

And then stop looking after modders, it's enough loss and restrictions in the official firmware.
And besides playing games for free, some modders sometimes do interesting stuff (see xbmc), so stop trying to prevent it so much, something interesting can come out of here. Banning from PSN should be enough as nowadays playing offline only removes half the fun and would be enough to prevent most people turning to the dark side.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

it still blows my mind that people with jailbroken PS3's put them online

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

yes please! i hope this works =)

yeah good luck with that with stealth mode CFW and activity log cleaners already out there.. >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I'm very curious to see what happens with the next update.

Exciting stuff!

Although... pirates might just wait for a custom 3.6.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

NiKKoM said:

yeah good luck with that with stealth mode CFW and activity log cleaners already out there.. >_>

Well they might catch a few of these f****** I hope.  I'm just waitin til the next update.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

yea hopefull it is a shame them getting free games and i have to pay the rediculs Australian prices.

in any body wants to know i know a personfrom school running BlackbOx ftv so if you want to ban him go ahead

'bout fucking time. Give 'em hell.

Sony playing security catchup instead of implementing new features is a sad reality now.

no 'official' PS3 .mkv support? blame Geohot and co. imo

Proud Sony Rear Admiral