By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rummor: Sony will ban all Jailbroken PS3's Firmeware 3.6

also for the ones that dont go online this firmware that is going to ban jailbroken games will be on new games once its uploaded, so if they buy an new game or pirated verison what ever if they dont manage to get rid of the firmware it would download its self onto the ps3 and lock it out of psn when it tries to get on. I believe sony will try and make it that it bricks ps3 as well. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

how is this even news to anyone?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Spankey said:

Sony playing security catchup instead of implementing new features is a sad reality now.

no 'official' PS3 .mkv support? blame Geohot and co. imo

i agree, the ps3 needs 2 support mkv files.. sony should be updating the ps3 not patching it evry few months, but the hackers are to blame

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Yeah... just ignore the n00b? :(

Good move, even though it wont be effective as Live because PSN is free, people loose their trophies (if they care) and they loose anything and everything they've bought on PSN.

but this only gets the online users, some users are just going to not log on, but still its better than nothing right.

Around the Network

Okay, 2 times?

oAnXieTy said:

Okay, 2 times?

You should be fine. I don't see why they would ban you if you reverted back and stay that way. However, no one really knows.

Thanks. :D

Don't worry 3.6 CFW is being developed right now and will be out very soon.

Care to explain your source?