By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony makes "dumbest business moments" list...twice

@ the guy who posted this:

1. Blame Insomniac, not Sony for the Manchester Cathedral thing, but personally i don't care, its a good setting if u ask me.

2. I wouldn't mind being fed grapes by a topless hostess!

Around the Network

One point I think people are missing is that they hadn't gotten permission to use the Manchester Cathedral to base their game location and design off of, and yes, if a movie or a film wants to do that, they do need to get permission.

the violence issues merely were stacked on top of this to inflate the case.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

The GoatGate incident as it has come to be known was truly a public relations nightmare. Using a freshly slaughtered animal as part of a party game is rarely a good idea, and its bound to incite animal rights activists to action. That might not even have been the biggest error itself. Sony seemingly has no standards and practices officers to head off these problems. Thats how the information got to the public in the first place.

Nowhere in the line did anyone stop and say wait a minute this is obviously not a good idea. Nobody at the party stopped to think about how asinine what they were doing truly was. Nobody questioned whether photographing the macabre spectacle was a good idea. Nobody questioned whether printing the pictures was a good idea let alone having them in a magazine. Nobody even seemingly considered their defense.

Seriously giving the animal back to the butcher doesn't make it better. Especially when you consider that a dozen people had their hands in it. How sanitary can the animal be at that point. I suppose the lesson is never eat in Greece. The butcher probably resold the carcass that day. Anyway it was a bad idea in just how disgusting it really was.

They should be proud. :p

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I would agree with the goat thing, but the Resistance bit is retarded, lots of games have used churches as backgrounds, and its not like you're trying to destroy the cathedral. maybe the people who made the list should put themselves on there for including that bit. idiots...

PSN ID: aceninja007

Around the Network

Number 38 on that list is awesome.

38. Google
Are you a moron? Click here now!
To test Google's ability to block harmful advertising, Belgian IT security consultant Didier Stevens posts an ad that reads "Is your PC virus-free? Get it infected here!" It is accepted by Google and displayed 259,723 times; 409 web surfers actually click on the ad.

Before anyone gets too riled up about it again, the goat event didn't happen. Not as it was reported. All the nonsense about slaughtering a live goat and letting reporters eat from it was from the event's pamphlet, which was a deliberate exaggeration. A lazy reporter who got the invite but didn't bother to show up then reported the fake description in the pamphlet as fact. It was a bunch of complete bullshit propagated by some unscrupulous media people.

Seriously giving the animal back to the butcher doesn't make it better. Especially when you consider that a dozen people had their hands in it. How sanitary can the animal be at that point.

No, they didn't. No one was allowed near it. And if the presence of a dead goat is offensive, it's no more so than a roast pig or the hanging cow carcasses in Rocky.

Ridiculous nonsense.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Number 38 on that list is awesome.
38. Google
Are you a moron? Click here now!
To test Google's ability to block harmful advertising, Belgian IT security consultant Didier Stevens posts an ad that reads "Is your PC virus-free? Get it infected here!" It is accepted by Google and displayed 259,723 times; 409 web surfers actually click on the ad.

This one's also cool:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/fortune/0712/gallery.101_dumbest.fortune/85.html

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957