By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony makes "dumbest business moments" list...twice

Weird. Not that Sony shouldn't be making it to lists like this, but those two incidents aren't even amongst the top 10 Sony PR blunders if you ask me.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
Famine said:
The dead goat thing was certainly done distastefully, but the whole Manchester Cathedral debacle shouldn't be on that list. Church officials believed the game inhibited too much violence, even though that violence was directed at a genocidal alien life-form.

I would think church officials would be happy about a game that inhibits violence.

Yeah, especially when:

...that violence was directed at a genocidal alien life-form.

They can shoot movies in chapels, cathedrals, churches, but when a video game includes it, all hell has to break loose.

Famine said:
Entroper said:
Famine said:
The dead goat thing was certainly done distastefully, but the whole Manchester Cathedral debacle shouldn't be on that list. Church officials believed the game inhibited too much violence, even though that violence was directed at a genocidal alien life-form.

I would think church officials would be happy about a game that inhibits violence.

Yeah, especially when:

...that violence was directed at a genocidal alien life-form.

They can shoot movies in chapels, cathedrals, churches, but when a video game includes it, all hell has to break loose.

hahaha....he was making fun of your usage of the word inhibited. I believe you were looking for the word exhibited.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

No matter how much I search for it, I can't find uncensored pictures of the aforementioned God of War event.

TheBigFatJ said:
leo-j said:
Didnt microsoft say that sony was just a gaming company? (Bill gates)

Yes.  It's far from the most stupid thing Gates said, but it is another example of how disconnected Gates is from reality, and how little he understands the business situations he's in.  He's also predicted that the Internet wouldn't be popular among home users, he predicted that Microsoft would solve the spam issue and that people would go into the year 2006 with spam as a thing of the past (he obviously didn't understand the political, social and technical aspects involved), and he's said a host of other stupid things. 

It's funny that he suggested Sony did nothing more than games considering that Sony has about 10x the breadth of business Microsoft does (and infinitely more style than MS), but it is quintessential Bill Gates. 

If he can't steal innovation, he doesn't understand it.

Yes, but you have to admit it was funny when he said that Halo 3 was going to destroy Playstation 3.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network
fazz said:
No matter how much I search for it, I can't find uncensored pictures of the aforementioned God of War event.

No te pierdes de nada cuate

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
fazz said:

No te pierdes de nada cuate

Pero el morbo.

mancandy said:

hahaha....he was making fun of your usage of the word inhibited. I believe you were looking for the word exhibited.

Man, two strikes in two days; if that isn't a kick in the keister!

Famine said:
 even though that violence was directed at a genocidal alien life-form.

Don't genocidal alien life-forms have  feelings too!!

The goat thing yes.

The Resistance thing ... not so much.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.