By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you help someone in need? (a bit of a rant)

I remember reading this story and thought...wtf is wrong with people. No one helped this girl and there enough people watching to do something and all these fucks did was take pictures! This story is old but I wondered if they caught the guys and so far it seems like they only got  6 of them so far. Anyway, seems the world is really going to hell...I can't imagine seeing going through something like this and not doing anything about it. I had stop a fight between to girls in a movie parking lot where there were at least 15 other people just watching and the cop was sitting inside running his mouth. The blonde got the dark haired girl on the ground and was trying to stomp her head into pavement and when I saw people just watching i was like "are you fucking kidding me?", a few guys tried to get in my way but that didn't work out to well for them lol. Anyway, have any of you helped someone out and if you haven't would you? I'm not saying that we are obligated to help each other but douches like these need to be kept in check and the cops can't do it all. Someone in my family was a victim of this kind of crime so I have a deep seeded hatred for rapists.

The original Story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/27/police-people-watched-gan_n_334975.html

The follow up story

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41208847/ns/us_news/

I couldn't find the original story that was on msnbc...sorry

I gotta head into a meeting...I'll be back in a few to respond to any questions or comments.

Around the Network

wow....nobody? sigh i'm changing my avatar.

Xbbjf9s said:

It's actually pretty explainable: clicky

Chrizum said:
Xbbjf9s said:

ok,but that's queens lol but wow that's.....sad.

Xbbjf9s said:
Chrizum said:
Xbbjf9s said:

That's what human nature is all about!

Around the Network
Xbbjf9s said:
Chrizum said:
Xbbjf9s said:

Pretty general, actually. We always assume it's someone else's problem

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Chrizum said:
Xbbjf9s said:

Pretty general, actually. We always assume it's someone else's problem

We don't assume anything, it's automatic behavior.

Fuck that, somebody woulda got kicked in the mouth.

I remember reading the original story, so I'm glad she got some type of resolve eventually. In time, I hope she can put the incident behind her.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Chrizum said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Chrizum said:
Xbbjf9s said:

That's what human nature is all about!

and that is why aliens will rule us one day lol. I have always got involved if I saw something, i figure if I was in that persons position i would like to be helped. The girls father must have some really good self control, if it was my daughter i would have a huge urge to kill.

Machina said:

'Police believe as many as a dozen people watched a 15-year-old girl get beaten and gang-raped outside her high school homecoming dance without reporting it... onlookers laughed, took pictures and even joined in the crime.'

Absolutely fucking sick.

this....I really don't understand the world anymore, I would pay someone to find theses fucks and erase them off this earth because jail is to good for them.