By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you preffer to grind or be challenged in RPGs?

Ok, this means in RPGs with LVls, do you preffer to grind a lot and kill everything in front of you or suffer a huge challenge and use all the items and equipment possible?

Prsonally, I'm a grinder, unless the rpg isn't good

Around the Network

Nope, any form of grinding just gets boring to me eventually. Its why i don't play mmo's. I prefer just to go through the game with items.

Challenged.... as long as the challenge isn't to make it through the grind.

It's just that.... I hate it when I killed plenty of enemies and then the boss does 500 damage to my whole party and I have 570 HP....

Grinding, I like to take my RPGs slow and easy.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

It's just that.... I hate it when I killed plenty of enemies and then the boss does 500 damage to my whole party and I have 570 HP....

Thats why i don't play most rpg's. Some just expect you to grind and i just don't like facing the same enemy over and over just for some good exp. Its why i like demon's souls. The grind is to learn the opponent, not to level up.

I like it when an RPG is balanced; like Kingdom Hearts.  It's hard, you don't have to grind much if you strategize, but if you want you can go grind and it'll become easy.

I'd like to say "challenge" to seem all cool, but that is bullshit! Grinding is one of the things I love most in life!

Grinding blows. It's repetitive that serves no purpose except to inflate the game time rather than focus on making a good game. jrpgs can offer other gaming elements outside of constantly repeating fights. 

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I LOVE Grinding

Nothing beats old school Turnbased Gringing

Ahh the good old days like the FFVI dinosaur forest

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints