By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Will 'Regret' $249 Pricing on 3DS, says Pachter

No one takes this clown seriously anymore his track record is spectacularly embarrasing, says theGameFather.

Around the Network

I think 250 dollars is just perfect. I wouldn't get one for 300, but for 250 it's just perfect. The PSP released at the same price point.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

He`s kinda right. It would sellout at 300... probably during the first year. After that it could harm sales in the long term.
My guess is, he`s supposing it will be as successful as Wii, so at 300 Nintendo would benefit a lot before lowering the price, as it did with the Wii. Who knows...
At 250, it will sellout and keep the market interested in the product in the long term.

Can't we just ignore Pachter?  Wherever he says is irrelevant for every one (gamers, developers, etc).

theRepublic said:

I came in to this thread thinking Pachter was going to say the 3DS price was too high.  Boy, was I wrong.

Same here!  Can Nintendo do anything right in Pachter's eyes?  Probably not...

Around the Network

can't believe that handheld device became more expensive then hi-end home console and everybody still supporting it, guess economy are really good now huh... xDD

AnveL said:

can't believe that handheld device became more expensive then hi-end home console and everybody still supporting it, guess economy are really good now huh... xDD

expensive 'cause of the technology it uses, it will be the first gaming device to implement it, expensive than home consoles nowadays? true, for 50 more buck i'll buy a ps3 or x360, but they'll do  just fine, the first ds was priced $150 and that was about 7 years ago. The mos t expensive handheld is the DSiXL which dropped from $190 to $170, so technically it's a 60 that would not hurt

@siko I actually agree with Reggie for once. it is worth 300, I dont know about any higher, that might be pushing it

@lordtheknight  i take it you dont really care for the 3DS??? nothing wrong with that

I think that the price is fine - it ensures that people will still be buying it for a couple of years before the price drop

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

They needed to leave room for software purchasing, it's just as important as hardware sales.