By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Zelda Skyward Sword bumped to November Now What?

(Rumor) Zelda Skyward Sword bumped to November Now What?

F-Zero, Star Fox and other well know titles 20 13.99%

Xenobalde, Fatal Frame and other old jp games 37 25.87%

New Ips 4 2.80%

Nothing 52 36.36%

Vitality Sensor 11 7.69%

Something unexpected .... like.... something 18 12.59%

Total:142

Honestly I wouldn't be suprised or upset with a delay. Nintendo often delays Zelda titles to polish them and perfect them. A delay just means a better product or more profit for Nintendo. As Viper pointed out Nintendo doesn't tell us about most of their big titles till E3 so if it is delayed we can't judge the end of the year to be reliant on Zelda.

Now Miyamoto's new IP and Pikmin are two known titles , assuming Vitality Sensor was axed their are still several other titles that could pop up. Notably F-Zero or StarFox could also make suprise appearances at E3. You never know what Nintendo has up their sleeves.

Also about it not having a date. I believe Nintendo said at E3 it would come in Q2 2011! A delay to Q3/4 would be a delay. But again I don't mind a stronger fall line-up is good for Nintendo. Now its not as good for me as I assume their will be tons of games out for winter to compete for my dollars. I'll still get Zelda though!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I could see stuff like Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven Wii filling Q2/Q3 in Zelda's stead.  Nintendo will also probably publish DQM Battle Road Victory this summer.  Europe's rumored to be getting Reginliev too.  I hope NOA might delve into their back catalogue to help fill out the schedule (Disaster, Trace Memory R, NPC Pikmin 2, etc) but I'm not holding my breath...

Fatal Frame 4 is never going to happen though, a European release at least was originally planned, but the game was killed due to bugs and the awkward control setup.  With all that in mind, I'm pretty sure Tecmo and Nintendo have made sure the new Fatal Frame is a product that will prove viable for overseas release this tim, and NOA/NOE will probably snap it up like they did Samurai Warriors 3.

This game will stay in Japan only as well. Naturally, Nintendo is occupied with so much that they can't possibly translate the game to all the languages and dialects and gibberish that exist in other countries.

As a matter of fact, Nintendo is tired of localizing games. Expect it to never release anything else outside of Nippon ever again.

Spedfrom said:

This game will stay in Japan only as well. Naturally, Nintendo is occupied with so much that they can't possibly translate the game to all the languages and dialects and gibberish that exist in other countries.

As a matter of fact, Nintendo is tired of localizing games. Expect it to never release anything else outside of Nippon ever again.

That was funny!! Yes, I don't know what's the problem Nintendo has with translating RPGs. Dragon Quest IX has sold more than 1M units outside Japan, it's a success.

We all knew Zelda would be pushed back as a 2011 holiday season title. It's their biggest game of the year and they have to combat GOW3 and Uncharted 3. Yes, we have nothing for the first half of the year. If you don't care about 3DS, I guess Nintendo (and 3rd parties) sucks until we get Zelda.

I really hope Skyward Sword is the title we are all waiting for and it does not dissapoint me like Twilight Princess did.

And release the same day of the 25th Aniversary of Zelda?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I would rather have Xenoblade. Zelda isn't doing it for me anymore.

nintendo has to have something other than zelda this year. They show their new 1st party titles at E3.

When are we allowed to make fun of Skyward Sword for taking forever like everyone did with GT5?

Edit: If this rumour is true

raptors11 said:

When are we allowed to make fun of Skyward Sword for taking forever like everyone did with GT5?

Never. Use Twilight Princess if you want.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

raptors11 said:

Edit: If this rumour is true

When it's delayed two years past its first release date.