By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII-2 Debut English trailer!! Plus how excited are you?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Debut English trailer!! Plus how excited are you?

So excited! This game wil... 15 19.74%

Already loved FXIII can'... 32 42.11%

Eh mildly interested, wait and see. 16 21.05%

Final Fantasy is horrible... 13 17.11%

Total:76

Yuck.

Around the Network

I was so excited, I called 5 friends and told them about it. They were excited too, obviously. Lol :P

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

The dude in the trailer looked badass!

I am Xxcited

Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:

She said Etro in the trailer, so looks like they are going deeper into the lore this time which is good as the lore for the game was great. I am mildly interested, that might turn into more after gameplay details come out. I hope its more open, I hope towns come back. They can keep the battle system, that was good.

They can keep the basis of the battle system, but still improve on it.  Allow us to control the entire party directly if we so wish.  

And seriously, Square-Enix, don't force us through a 20 hours long tutorial before giving us the full scope of the battle system.  Geez.

I don't know how that would work, seeing how the battle system is so fast-paced. I personally wouldn't be able to control all 3 members. Can you imagine, trying to beat the turtles while controlling your Medic, Synergist and Ravager? That would be impossible!

just take a look at my sig

Around the Network
Cirio said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:

She said Etro in the trailer, so looks like they are going deeper into the lore this time which is good as the lore for the game was great. I am mildly interested, that might turn into more after gameplay details come out. I hope its more open, I hope towns come back. They can keep the battle system, that was good.

They can keep the basis of the battle system, but still improve on it.  Allow us to control the entire party directly if we so wish.  

And seriously, Square-Enix, don't force us through a 20 hours long tutorial before giving us the full scope of the battle system.  Geez.

I don't know how that would work, seeing how the battle system is so fast-paced. I personally wouldn't be able to control all 3 members. Can you imagine, trying to beat the turtles while controlling your Medic, Synergist and Ravager? That would be impossible!

Just do something like in FF XII, where the action would pause while you scroll through menus.  Or they could find even better ways.  But I don't think the battle system needs to be THAT fast to begin with.  Final Fantasy has always been about taking decisions based on the abilities, magics etc at your disposal.  Making it too fast prevents you from doing this, and in turn, makes you hit the Auto Fight option more often than not.  Which results in the game mostly playing itself half the time.

Why is there no mention of the 360 at the end? It is multiplatform right?

BenVTrigger said:
Rainbird said:

Mildly interested, though I know I'll never be playing FF13, so I won't be picking it up to continue the story. I'm only mildly interested because nothing has been shown to discourage me about the quality of the game, but there is plenty of time for that to happen in yet.

How come you'll never play FF13?  Its no where near as bad as people try to make it out to be.

ditto. theres nothing wrong with it its an excellent game in its own right. would have preferred more open world gameplay but its still a top title

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Hynad said:
Cirio said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:

Just do something like in FF XII, where the action would pause while you scroll through menus.  Or they could find even better ways.  But I don't think the battle system needs to be THAT fast to begin with.  Final Fantasy has always been about taking decisions based on the abilities, magics etc at your disposal.  Making it too fast prevents you from doing this, and in turn, makes you hit the Auto Fight option more often than not.  Which results in the game mostly playing itself half the time.

I honestly hope they don't change the battle system much at all really.  I thought it was awesome how fast paced it was and it was also a cool twist how most of your strategy for battles came from the preporation before hand rather than just picking from a set of spells and attacks and how changing your party paradrigm would drasticallly change the way they fought.  Its probably my favorite battle system of all of them.  That being said they should add more useful items for combat like weapons and useable items.

tombi123 said:

Why is there no mention of the 360 at the end? It is multiplatform right?

Its hosted by EU PS blog.