By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII-2 Debut English trailer!! Plus how excited are you?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Debut English trailer!! Plus how excited are you?

So excited! This game wil... 15 19.74%

Already loved FXIII can'... 32 42.11%

Eh mildly interested, wait and see. 16 21.05%

Final Fantasy is horrible... 13 17.11%

Total:76

What is" next winter " mean?

This year's november/december or next year early?

Around the Network

Wait a min, if this is an English trailer, that must mean that they've started localising already?? they're localising the game as they're developing the Japanese voice acting. which could mean that the levels of cutscenes have been significanty reduced so they can focus on developing the gameplay more than anything else.

this sequel is getting underway so quick, i'm assuming its going to be a lot more gameplay ratio to cutscenes.

however i wont get it straight away because of the cheezy dialogue in FF13, and the tone of the voice acting. but it might be a bargain bin buy, and even that is a lot to ask because i felt FF13 was a very dissappointing game.

Coming Next Winter as in 2012? Or 2011?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

American web site says Winter 2011. We are in Winter right now (winter ends at the end of February), so next winter means the coming winter.

Rob-Ot said:
ShadowSoldier said:

American web site says Winter 2011. We are in Winter right now (winter ends at the end of February), so next winter means the coming winter.

Exactly.  It should be coming out this year which is even more awesome.  I'm sooooo excited for this game please don't get delayed!!!

Around the Network
A203D said:

Wait a min, if this is an English trailer, that must mean that they've started localising already?? they're localising the game as they're developing the Japanese voice acting. which could mean that the levels of cutscenes have been significanty reduced so they can focus on developing the gameplay more than anything else.

this sequel is getting underway so quick, i'm assuming its going to be a lot more gameplay ratio to cutscenes.

however i wont get it straight away because of the cheezy dialogue in FF13, and the tone of the voice acting. but it might be a bargain bin buy, and even that is a lot to ask because i felt FF13 was a very dissappointing game.

The development is not going that fast. The game will come out two years after FFXIII which is a normal cycle.

Uncharted 2 had a two-year development cycle and Mass Effect 2 a mere 1 year and 2 months.

Boutros said:
A203D said:

The development is not going that fast. The game will come out two years after FFXIII which is a normal cycle.

Uncharted 2 had a two-year development cycle and Mass Effect 2 a mere 1 year and 2 months.

Yes, but Uncharted 2 and 3 begun development began after the previous came out. Toriyama and Kitase have only just finished working on The 3rd Birthday (since November i think). and i was under the impression that they had to wait for the green light.

and i think that FF10-2 was done in about 6 months, which leads me to believe development is going fairly fast. although i dont know this for a fact, you could be right.

A203D said:
Boutros said:
A203D said:

Yes, but Uncharted 2 and 3 begun development began after the previous came out. Toriyama and Kitase have only just finished working on The 3rd Birthday (since November i think). and i was under the impression that they had to wait for the green light.

and i think that FF10-2 was done in about 6 months, which leads me to believe development is going fairly fast. although i dont know this for a fact, you could be right.

Actually Toriyama and Kitase weren't really working on The 3rd Birthday. Kitase is producing, all Toriyama did was the story, nothing else. Tabata was mainly in charge of The 3rd Birthday, and his team (they made FF7 Crisis Core and are making FF Type 0). All the coders and programmers for FFXIII were probably working on XIII-2 since 2009.

i loved final fantasy 13, so if they add towns back and the victory theme , plus make it easier to craft a ultimate weapon. then i will be even more excited for the game , than i already am.  square-enix is getting my money again for both systems. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

If this game is another railroad without towns then I give it another 'meh!'

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D