By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm thinking Nintendo might offer a later 3DS model without the 3D.

I think it'll be called Nintendo No3DS..

Around the Network

Nah if you look at recent history of Nintendo hardware they all have common points:

Big mind catching gimmick/innovation (touch screen in DS, motion in Wii, 3d in 3ds)

Barely adequate at time of release hardware

High profit margins

No way they resign from biggest marketing point just to make no 3d version which probably would be like 10-20$ cheaper.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

This is one of the most pointless threads that I've read in a while. I couldn't get past page 2 because of how boring these arguments are even though it is clear who is right.

Wow... Fail OP is fail... Nintendo can do many other things to bring down the price over time. The thought that they might omit 3D in the future is idiotic.

LOL, no.

That's the same Sony offering a PS3 without Blu Ray, afterall you can download and install games, it isn't mandatory the use of BR drive.

Not gonna happen, me says.

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:

LOL, no.

That's the same Sony offering a PS3 without Blu Ray, afterall you can download and install games, it isn't mandatory the use of BR drive.

Not gonna happen, me says.

I don't know if you remember but in PS3 fat age we had thread about cheaper PS3 without BR drive popping every week.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lol,I don't think Nintendo will do that,they will have the DS still making tons of money,even after the 3DS is released.

They already offer such a system. They call it the DSi or the DSi XL. The whole point of bringing it in at a higher price is not to replace their DS line but to augment it and extract higher revenues from those who are willing to pay for 3D. What im not sure about is if the 3DS is going to do to the mass market what the DS did and im not sure if Nintendo thinks that way either. We'll see in a few years how they evolve the 3DS into a mass market device, if they go the route of improving the 3D features such as the camera or if they even replace it in say 3-4 years time with a 'proper' successor to the DS.

Tease.

So would you call it an S?

So far I haven't read a single argument that isn't flawed in some way.

The name is just the name. It doesn't magically lock any future revisions, especially since they could make another name for that version.

Games requireing 3D would either be done by requiring the slider be on, which any 3D-less revision could simply trick such games into thinking it's on, or by gimping the game without the slider on, which could piss off people who don't want to play the games in 3D.

Blu-ray is the medium that the games are on. 3D is not the medium, but a presentation, that does not even change the way the games run, as it's still in the system specs.

The touch screen and motion controls were not gimmicks. Thinking that just means you don't understand how they actually help games. If 3D does, that would mean that 3D gets upgraded to helping games, NOT that the other things get downgraded to being gimmicks for attention.

Not claiming that Nintendo will do this, just pointing out your arguments that it's impossible are faulty.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs