By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 3DS Thread

I'M EXCITED!!! THAT OS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID.

Anyways, the North American launch lineup seems stellar. I'll probably pick up Steel Diver, DOA/SSF4, Madden, and Ridge Racer.

Around the Network

I'm totally psyched about this device, sounds awesome from all the features, and I can't wait to check out what the 3D is like. The 3D pictures is a really cool feature, and I'm so releaved to hear there will be a VC for Gameboy games. 3D movies could be cool also, though I'm wondering how much they will cost. The price doesn't surprise me, I expected $200-$250, so it's within my prediction, though on the high end.

Unfourtunately, it seems only 1 of my "big 4" are coming at launch (Pilot Wings, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Zelda), so I will probably wait. Also, I'm kinda bummed that there is still no info/release date regarding Assassin's Creed, which is one of the few third party games I am interested in.

Hi! I'm new here and don't know how to start a new thread, but I'd like some help on starting a petition for Rogue Squadron 3DS, I'm sure I'm not alone with this...

Carpe diem!

piete said:

Hi! I'm new here and don't know how to start a new thread, but I'd like some help on starting a petition for Rogue Squadron 3DS, I'm sure I'm not alone with this...

Go up to forums at the top of the page, the Nintendo one, and look in the top right hand corner just above the list of thread topics (little green box). Welcome to the forums.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Good thread with lots of info!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

March release for 3DS in Australia/New Zealand Yayifications

http://www.techday.co.nz/gameconsole/news/nintendo-3ds-dated-for-march-in-new-zealand/19075/2/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

megaman79 said:
piete said:

Go up to forums at the top of the page, the Nintendo one, and look in the top right hand corner just above the list of thread topics (little green box). Welcome to the forums.

Hi and thank you! I just read I need 100 posts first. So any other Rogue Squadron fan, feel free to start the petition topic. But still, if anyone knows any good petition sites, please pass them to me.

Carpe diem!

To me it seems that Nintendo's release schedule for the 3DS will look something like this..

March

- Nintendogs plus Cats

April

- Pilotwings Resort

- Steel Diver

June

- Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Fall

- Starfox 64 3D

Holiday

- Kid Icarus: Uprising

- Paper Mario 3DS (Although this one may be delayed)

- Animal Crossing 3DS

- Mario Kart 3DS

Completely guessing with some of those obviously and I don't think Nintendo will announce any other major games for the 3DS for release in 2011 which is why I see Kid Icarus being pushed back to the holiday period. I'm not entirely sure about Starfox 64 3D but I don't think it'll take too long to finish.

I guess in terms of E3, Nintendo are going to focus on Zelda, Starfox, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 3DS to varying extents and announce a few games for Q1 - Q3 2012 along with third party software. 

Have they said what games will be available on the handheld virtual console yet?

The first game on VC will probably be Super Mario Land.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/