By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 3DS Thread

Conegamer said:

Sounds reasonable!

I don't see it being £229 somehow, I expect £199 from the prices from Japan and America, but we'll see

Thanks for the info. on the price, shall update my thread now

I don't live in Europe, so I'm not the best person to consult about that, but Amazon.com/uk is selling it for £219, marked down from £229. Amazon.fr has it listed for 249 Euros.

Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:
Conegamer said:

Sounds reasonable!

I don't see it being £229 somehow, I expect £199 from the prices from Japan and America, but we'll see

I don't live in Europe, so I'm not the best person to consult about that, but Amazon.com/uk is selling it for £219, marked down from £229. Amazon.fr has it listed for 249 Euros.

Hmm...we'll see.

I went into a local games store and they said they wouldn't sell it for more than £200, no matter what, so we'll see

(unsurprisingly, that store's now sold out of 3DS')

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wooot! Just Pre-ordered from Amazon! Can't wait!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Conegamer said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
Conegamer said:

Sounds reasonable!

Hmm...we'll see.

I went into a local games store and they said they wouldn't sell it for more than £200, no matter what, so we'll see

Well Nintendo did say something about retailer's choosing the price, so it's quite possible some stores will be under cutting the big sellers to draw in more buisness.

BrainBoxLtd said:
Conegamer said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
Conegamer said:

Sounds reasonable!

Hmm...we'll see.

Well Nintendo did say something about retailer's choosing the price, so it's quite possible some stores will be under cutting the big sellers to draw in more buisness.

True. Why not at least announce an RRP though? 

Retailers seling them for £150 for business on the last day would be great for business...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Details on transfering downloadable games.- "System Transfer is a feature that enables you to transfer downloadable software already purchased on a Nintendo 3DS system to another Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo DSiWare games & applications purchased on a Nintendo DSi or a Nintendo DSi XL system also can be transferred to your Nintendo 3DS."
- This function will be available after hardware launch.
- there will be a limit to how many times transfers can be made
- some software may not be transferable
- limit to transfers has not been detailed

Edit: Oh right, source.

Rhonin the wizard said:

Details on transfering downloadable games.- "System Transfer is a feature that enables you to transfer downloadable software already purchased on a Nintendo 3DS system to another Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo DSiWare games & applications purchased on a Nintendo DSi or a Nintendo DSi XL system also can be transferred to your Nintendo 3DS."
- This function will be available after hardware launch.
- there will be a limit to how many times transfers can be made
- some software may not be transferable
- limit to transfers has not been detailed

Edit: Oh right, source.

The wording of that sounds odd, almost like the eShop will utilize a proper account system. If it were a device-bound system, then they would specify that transfers could be made once and only once from one device to another, right?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Good price on hardware but 30 pounds prices on game preorders market down from 40 is scary.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Absolutely disgracced by the £219 price point floating about from the conference and on the retailers sites. No way in hell Nintendo can justify that (It's over $350 ffs) and lost them one sale, at launch at least. £35 games at launch is a complete no-go too, sounds like most 3DS games here will be the same price as PS3 games... no chance.

Really disappointed and has put me off buying the thing, will probably get it one day but it depends ón whether the PSP2 can offer better value for me. 

Think they've done the right thing in getting the $250 in the USA though, just can't believe how they're treating the UK market.

Remember I have all the rights to "The Official Mario Kart 3DS Thread", when more details are confirmed I shall create it.