By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, who's gonna wait for a 3DS Lite?

it will depend, I won't buy it at launch tho. Best case scenario I will buy in around holiday season. But that might get pushed back depending on what gets revealed (if it does) for the psp2.. Definitely will pick up both down the road

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Impossible for me.

-

kingofwale said:

i will wait for 3DSi.

can't justify 249 price (most likely 269 or 300 Canadian)

What country do you live in, if you still think prices are like that? http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=308319 Are you still paying 69.99 for games instead of the new 59.99?

I am getting the 3DS, because of game selection and I never ever got a product on launch (I tried with the wii)... might as well and try this one. 

What's with all this "if it ever comes out" stuff?? Ninty ALWAYS redesigns its handhelds.

I'm certainly waiting.

Christian973 said:

Just Pre-oreded. Defitnetly ain't going to wait 2 years and miss out on this.

I might take less time. Remember Nintendo is not aone and confortable on the handheld market anymore.

They'll release at least 3 redesigns, if not more, for the 3DS.

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:
Christian973 said:

Just Pre-oreded. Defitnetly ain't going to wait 2 years and miss out on this.

I might take less time. Remember Nintendo is not aone and confortable on the handheld market anymore.

They'll release at least 3 redesigns, if not more, for the 3DS.

I think 2 years is actually how long it will take. Maybe if you are lucky Christmas 2012 in Japan. 

Gonna buy a 3DS, 3DSL, 3DSi and, this time, I'll probably cave in and buy a 3DSi XL as well.

Not sure if a redesign will happen though - only failed consoles get redesigns. Ones that actually sell, like the Wii, don't. Or at least not till they're more than 4 years old.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

Gonna buy a 3DS, 3DSL, 3DSi and, this time, I'll probably cave in and buy a 3DSi XL as well.

Not sure if a redesign will happen though - only failed consoles get redesigns. Ones that actually sell, like the Wii, don't. Or at least not till they're more than 4 years old.

While I could agree with DS -> DSL. I don't think DSL had trouble (failed is a horrible word you used) selling, even when DSi was launched. 

Acevil said:
Immortal said:

While I could agree with DS -> DSL. I don't think DSL had trouble (failed is a horrible word you used) selling, even when DSi was launched. 

When you've made one resesign, making the second one isn't really as much of a big deal. The first one is what matters.

Also, I used "failed" intentionally, knowing what it would imply. And I'm serious - the PS2, DS, PS3 and 360 were all about to collapse onto themselves till their redesigns and would've sold laughably low in their lifetimes without these interventions (couldn't check PS1/GBA, though 4:2 is a good enough ratio for me in a worst case scenario for my argument).

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

These are the games that are probably going to come out in the first half of 2011 alone:

aunch Window* Games - Europe (Do not have a list of confirmed launch titles yet.)

• Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
  • Kid Icarus Uprising (Nintendo)
  • Mario Kart 3DS (Nintendo)
  • Nintendogs Cats (Nintendo)
  • PaperMario (Nintendo)
  • PilotWings Resort (Nintendo)
  • StarFox 64 3D (Nintendo)
  • Steel Diver (Nintendo)
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo)
  • Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition (Capcom)
  • Resident Evil®: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)
  • Madden NFL Football (EA)
  • The Sims™ 3 (EA)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (Konami)
  • LEGO® Star Wars® III: The Clone Wars™ (LucasArts)
  • Ridge Racer® 3D (Namco)
  • Dual Pen Sports™ (Namco)
  • Super Monkey Ball™ 3D (SEGA)
  • Thor™: God of Thunder (SEGA)
  • CRUSH™ 3D (SEGA)
  • BUST-A-MOVE™ UNIVERSE (Square Enix)
  • Samurai Warriors® Chronicles (Tecmo)
  • Dead or Alive® Dimensions (Tecmo)
  • Asphalt™ 3D (Ubisoft)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)
  • Combat of Giants™: Dinosaurs 3D (Ubisoft)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® 3D (Ubisoft)
  • Rayman® 3D (Ubisoft)
  • Rabbids® Travel in Time (Ubisoft)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Atlus)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.