By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII-2 To Include Time Travel?!!!!!!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is in the latest Jump issue. Here it is:

Under Lightning’s image, it reads: “In the world where I once existed, time’s path is no longer certain.”

Well Vgchartz, what do you think?

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
Wagram said:

Anyone else diggin lightnings new Valkyrie look? :)

Its good but why is it there, thats what I'm wondering. Maybe she travelled back in time to war of transgression period.

------------------------------------------

The guy got it right it seems :p

This makes me really happy/excited if she goes back in time it might be a bit like ff9 or the older ff games time zone which would be awesome.

If she travels back to the time of the war of transgression Pulse it will be like old school FF worlds full of towns and open plains. Maybe thats why she has the medieval look. This news makes me much more interested in the game but I will still not get excited before more specific gameplay information comes.

wow that could create an interesting setting in the past cause goin in the future doesnt fit her new look.

Around the Network

Time travel is always an interesting idea, however I usually dislike it when it's a single gimmick at the beginning of the game to explain an otherwise unexplainable transition. But if they do it here, and if they do it right, I think I'm going to like the game.

I wonder if they'll drop the graphics to old school FF's (like I-VI) when travelling back in time

that would be good for a laugh

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

She should travel back in time to fix that horrible first game of her.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Good. Final Fantasy "Chrono Trigger" XIII-2  confirmed!

wow. that just gave me an awesome idea that will never see the day of light!

imagine they travel back in time and suddenly the games graphics change to the very first final fantasy, and they have to make their way through various old final fantasy games and styles, meeting iconic characters and asking them for help to get to the next point in time making their way back to cocoon

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’