By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 PS3/360 DF Face-Off

I soooooooooo hope nobody looks at this as a reason to pass on this amazing game OR even as an opportunity to take a potshot at it.

In the end, this was a lot of work by the DF team for an end result that ultimately doesn't matter, but I could see it being necessary in an attempt to minimize the discussion about the differences.  

Around the Network

I can't really fricken pick. Their are times when both look better than the other.

Here is a small game for you guys.

Which version of the game is this:

Try to answer without looking at OP again.

So wait the PC still above and beyond the best version? Wow That argument I had now holds zero merits, since the basis is no longer there. Also I love how the last paragraph summed up my argument from the other thread as well. 

The PS3 version could look lightyears ahead of the 360 one and i still wouldnt purchase it. A bad game is a bad game no matter how hard you try to make it look pretty.

They look virtually the same to me. I fins the PS3's more natural look more pleasing thn the 360's high contrast look but i am sure i could easily change the contrast on my screen to make them look more alike.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

i think they did a great job for porting it, and whatever, there CANT be any big differences, since the same models were used, so those screens dont tell anything. (by watching at them, the only difference is shadowing/contrast, and who cares if both look amazin'.?)

I think ME3 will be slightly better  looking at 360, judging by the few framedrops on PS3, but then again ~ i dont CARE, because i think both versions will kick ass.

@topic ~ nice comparsion though, enjoyed the read :D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

mantlepiecek said:

Here is a small game for you guys.

Which version of the game is this:

Try to answer without looking at OP again.

360, based on the shadowing and general lighting.

OT:

Good comparison. Only the very slightest tiniest edge to the 360, which I think is probably offset by the one-disc-has-it-all thing.

It's just a shame that PS3 owners can't play ME1.

Excellent port!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

i read the whole article, and it was a good read. but i think as PS3 owners, at the moment we are spoiled and i think we've taken this for granted. this is allegidly the best game of 2010, and i think the highest rated game in the 360's library.

so we really should be gratful we're getting this game at all, yet alone getting a game that can be compared to the 360 version which generally runs Unreal Engine 3 better, yet alone getting DLC with it, and a comic so we can at least get some insight into the ME universe.

so imo, the price point isnt really an issue considering the team have obviously spent a lot of time on the port, and its not just a port, its been reworked very, very well. oh and this will be in the bargain bin in a few months, its going to be a  very competitive year for games on the PS3, and this is over a year old. so i wouldnt worry about the price, even i'm not planning to get it before the summer, because theres too many other games i want on PS3 before then!

This was a good read, thanks for the find CGI.

I am interested in why you would choose the PS3 version over the 360 version as you already played and finished ME1 on the 360? 

You know I'm not trying to start no flame war or anything like that, I just really am interested as to why you wouldn't want to continue the story as the Shepard that you built/designed, etc in ME1?

Personally, the part I liked most about ME1 was the personalization.  How do you chose to respond to the numerous paragon/renegade scenarios.  How you chose to make the tough choices like the one with Alenko and Ash, or if you were bad ass enough, or pagagon-y (??) enough to talk Wrex down and save him.  Whom did you pursue a relationship with, etc, etc. 

These decisions and the time I spent on ME1 made Shepard MY character.  Giving that up...for a few quick choices in an interactive comic book...well I think that would ruin the experience for me.  Hell, I even kept Shepard looking the same when I imported him for my latest play through. 

Anyway, I know everyones different so I'm just wondering what advantage you would see to buying the PS3 version over continuing on the 360?