By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy versus XIII still PS3 exclusive

Runa216 said:

IT's a shame to think that, in all likelihood, this will be ported to 360.  Good for the 360 folks, but seriously, the PS3 is such a more capable system, they'd have to compromise the game to make it equal. If they're gonna port it, at least make sure the PS3 version is still up to PS3 standards, please.  that's all I ask. 

what makes the ps3 version more capable? they are pretty equal and both have their faults like anything.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Runa216 said:

IT's a shame to think that, in all likelihood, this will be ported to 360.  Good for the 360 folks, but seriously, the PS3 is such a more capable system, they'd have to compromise the game to make it equal. If they're gonna port it, at least make sure the PS3 version is still up to PS3 standards, please.  that's all I ask. 

what makes the ps3 version more capable? they are pretty equal and both have their faults like anything.

Oh I don't know maybe more disk space and the PS3 can be made with better graphics.

Runa216 said:

First of all, they said there was content cut because of the 360's limitations, but they cut it from the PS3 version because they wanted both systems to have the same game, ie microsoft screwed us all so they can get in on the action.  

XIII-2 luckily will be developed for both systems simultaneously, so that won't be a problem, but it's still a crutch. and yes, I own a 360 so I'm not bashing it, but facts are facts.  

I REALLY hope vsXIII stays exclusive, of the three major titles, it looks to be by far the best, and it would be nice to have yet another PS3 exclusive helping that system match 360 in sales (we caught up by 2 million in 2010, less than 5 million left to go!)  

Do you have any proof of this, or are you making it up/talking out of your ass? This is the kind of statement that would have been plastered on just about every website, yet there is no mention of it anywhere.

If anything was cut, it was probably alternate Language options as I really don't see where all this cut content would fit into the existing game. There are no screenshots, videos or even descritptions of any of this even back when the game was PS3 exclusive.

I could just as easily say that almost every Multi-platform game is crippled by the PS3's limitations. Since they usually run/look better on 360, they must be limiting the 360 version (making it good enough instead of pushing it) so that the PS3 version can be comparable.

Either way as far as I'm concerned this is a PS3 game, that's where I'll play it. If it keeps people like you from making excuses, I hope it stays exclusive.

stopstopp said:
Mad55 said:
Runa216 said:

Oh I don't know maybe more disk space and the PS3 can be made with better graphics.

better graphics depends on the skill of the developer as mass effect and gears looks awesome. and the disk space is more of a preference imo it wont make the game any better.

PS2 had a DVD drive, while the GameCube used mini-disks that only held 1.5 GB of data. But only an insane person would argue that the PS2 had better graphics.

Let's not forget that the PS3 has a very limited memory architecture, and only 512 MB of Ram. If it had maybe twice the memory of the 360, people making these claims would have a point. You could have GBs worth of data, but you still have to work with the limited RAM.

Around the Network
PearlJam said:

PS2 had a DVD drive, while the GameCube used mini-disks that only held 1.5 GB of data. But only an insane person would argue that the PS2 had better graphics.

Are you saying that I must be insane to think that God of War 2 has better graphics than anything seen on the Cube?

Hynad said:
PearlJam said:

Are you saying that I must be insane to think that God of War 2 has better graphics than anything seen on the Cube?

You might think that it's artistically better yes, but technically it doesn't come close to the best the Cube could do.

PearlJam said:
Hynad said:
PearlJam said:

You might think that it's artistically better yes, but technically it doesn't come close to the best the Cube could do.

Oh really now. Then go ahead and explain all of that technical marvel that the best technically sound Cube games had over the best technically sound PS2 games.

Do I really have to explain this to you? I thought it was generally accepted by people that have 20/20 vision. Resident Evil 4, anything from Factor5, and the Metroid Prime series. Start by looking there.

Even StarFox Adventures had shader effects that no PS2 game could touch.

Ohhh god 360 fans were all wait for E3 then TGS then the january conference NOW THAT ITS OVER AND NO FF13VS for 360 ANNOUNCED were still going on and on WTF are yous really in bad drought of games?????