By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps3 wins best console award from IGN

just ban leo-j for gods sake

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
Bursche said:
Yes this is a year old and

"Judging the consoles based upon a broad perspective that includes software now available and coming in the future an entirely different argument could be formulated. However, from a hardware perspective, the PS3 is by far the more interesting console."

They did not even take games into consideration, only hardware. Hardware wise, PS3 is the best and no one should ever doubt this.

Now for 2007, taking everything into consideration software and hardware, I would say it would be a toss up between 360 and Wii, both had many AAA games that are going to be the best of this generation.

The wii does not have that many AAA games. It has about the same as the ps3.

mM

ps3 doesnt have 1 game in he AAA (exclusive)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
carlos710 said:

No.

Lost tears of Kain said:

Ratchet and clank.

Unchareted drakes fortune

Ninja gaiden sigma

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

(off topic I played rock band yesterday with my parents, I almost bought it but it was to much)

mM
Around the Network
carlos710 said:

I havent violated any rules.

mM

this argument that resistance is the only good game worth playing on the PS3 is utter BS.

Uncharted, Ninja gaiden Sigma, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Oblivion have all received 9.0+ ratings on IGN, anything that is 9.0+ is worth playing. Right here are 5 solid games for the PS3, by year's end you can add Unreal 3 to the list too. so quit with the Resistance is the only good game BS. There are a few other games such as Motorstorm, Hevenly Sword, NFS, MLB 07: The Show that are all worth a look, I'm not saying those games are amazing, but they still are fun to play. PSN games such as Everyday Shooter, Super Stardust, Calling All Cars and the GT5: Prolouge demo are all worth a look too.  Don't want to sound like a 360 hater, cause I have one and I'm not, I'm just trying to be level headed, but last year at this time, the xbox 360s lineup wasn't any better.

leo-j said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Ratchet and clank.

Unchareted drakes fortune

Ninja gaiden sigma

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

None of them are over 90 :)

(off topic I played rock band yesterday with my parents, I almost bought it but it was to much)

You should just buy a Wii so you can play KH 3 when it comes out

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Carlos, your fanboyism reeks every time you post.

leo-j said:
Bursche said:
Yes this is a year old and

"Judging the consoles based upon a broad perspective that includes software now available and coming in the future an entirely different argument could be formulated. However, from a hardware perspective, the PS3 is by far the more interesting console."

They did not even take games into consideration, only hardware. Hardware wise, PS3 is the best and no one should ever doubt this.

Now for 2007, taking everything into consideration software and hardware, I would say it would be a toss up between 360 and Wii, both had many AAA games that are going to be the best of this generation.

The wii does not have that many AAA games. It has about the same as the ps3.

But PS3 doesn't has the best game of the decade (AAAAA++) :P