By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Plastic surgeon retakes Donkey Kong crown

Plastic surgeon retakes Donkey Kong crown

Hank Chien reclaims world-record title from King of Kong star Steve Wiebe with score of 1,068,000 points.

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a new King of Kong. Yesterday, the retro-arcade record keepers at Twin Galaxies announced that Hank Chien holds the new world record for Donkey Kong, racking up a score of 1,068,000 points. The total was achieved over the course of 2 hours and 45 minutes of playtime, during Chien's second attempt of the day at an arcade machine in the New York plastic surgeon's home.

According to Edge magazine, Chien's score was good enough to unseat former champion Steve Wiebe's high score of 1,064,500. In September, Wiebe beat former champ Billy Mitchell's total of 1,062,800, which had stood since March, when he beat Chien's high score of 1,061,700. Mitchell and Wiebe famously squared off in the 2007 documentary The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, which focused on the battle over who really held the all-time high score for Donkey Kong.

Speaking with Twin Galaxies, Chien said he plans to participate in the forthcoming "Kong Off" competition in March in New Jersey. Organized by Mitchell, the event will see all former Donkey Kong record holders under a single roof, said Chien, engaging in a single competition. Wiebe is also expected to attend.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286216.html

Around the Network

I don't care who holds the record, as long as it is not Billy Mitchell

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Steve Wiebe will get it back. I am interested to see who wins the head to head competition they are having this year(If Billy Mitchell shows up).

I believe Wiebe still has the taped record yes?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Billy Mitchell will send in a tape soon.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:

Billy Mitchell will send in a tape soon.

I'm expecting that it will be submitted right after the Kong Off.