By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 1/8)

zgamer5 said:

im worried about kz3. it does have 7 weeks left but damn it has less pre orders then moh. but then again its not a mainstream military shooter and it will probably do 1.5 times its pre orders if not more.

honestly I'm starting to think KZ3 might not outsell KZ2 which is a huge bummer since I though KZ2 was great.  I'm hoping pre-orders jump up so there will be plenty of support from the developers for the online. 

I think the control scheme from K2 turned alot of people off unfortunatley. 

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
zgamer5 said:

im worried about kz3. it does have 7 weeks left but damn it has less pre orders then moh. but then again its not a mainstream military shooter and it will probably do 1.5 times its pre orders if not more.

honestly I'm starting to think KZ3 might not outsell KZ2 which is a huge bummer since I though KZ2 was great.  I'm hoping pre-orders jump up so there will be plenty of support from the developers for the online.

I think the control scheme from K2 turned alot of people off unfortunatley.

true, if kz2 had a cod feel it would have sold so much more. these days other then halo and cod the 360 version of a battlefield game i see no fps reaching 3 million sales.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I don't get why so many people are already doubting KZ3's numbers when it's far from it's release date. Is this starting to become a common thing with PS3 exclusives ?! It has plenty of time to add to it's total.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I wouldn't be worried about KZ3. It won't have a large opening, but it'll have excellent word of mouth and reception. 

I just preordered Dead space(360) and KZ3 the other day.

I have a feeling LBP2 will sell less than the first game, but KZ3 will sell more than the second.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

LBP2 will sell as much in america alone  what LBP1 did WW!

And ppl still going on and on about KZ3 and gears america pre-order difference?

where were those comments from the same ppl when GT5 pre-orders are massively out performing forza?

This isn't a KZ3 vs Gears 3 thread or a Forza vs GT5 thread.

It doesn't change the fact that KZ3's pre-orders at this point are pretty poor.  Especially considering this is for America the country that buys the most FPS's.  I'm beyond stoked for the game but that doesn't change the fact it doesn't look very impressive sales wise so far.

KZ3 pre orders are not poor. Not many people believed that it would have a much higher opening than KZ2. (I for one that it would be similar). Games typically don't have high FW's unless it's predecessor was a really high seller (which KZ2 was not).

KZ3 can still sell really great though in the long run with extremely positive word of mouth and reception. Look at Red Dead Redemption which had a FW of around 800k (PS3) and looks to sell around 5 million (PS3)  

And KZ2's sales were pretty equal across America and EMEAA.

blue7x7 said:

Wow at Gears 3 it actually had more pre orders than Killzone 3 considering it's almost a year  away that is pretty impressive. Killzone 3 doesn't seems to be doing too well seems like my prediction might come true it probably wont outsell Killzone 2 unless they heavily bundle it.

Also surprised how low the pre orders for Bulletstorm are at least for the Xbox 360 version I would have thought that the Gears 3 beta would have helped it but it doesn't seem to be doing too much for it. Good to see Mortal Kombat finally on the list and little big planet seems like it will debut pretty big.

This is PS3's weakest market. I wouldn't worry about it though. This game will sell at least 1.5 million in America alone. EMEAA will likely be 1.5 - 2 million.

These are LTD numbers from me.

Oh and Japan? Maybe....MAYBE 250k.

Jay520 said:
BenVTrigger said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

LBP2 will sell as much in america alone  what LBP1 did WW!

And ppl still going on and on about KZ3 and gears america pre-order difference?

where were those comments from the same ppl when GT5 pre-orders are massively out performing forza?

This isn't a KZ3 vs Gears 3 thread or a Forza vs GT5 thread.

It doesn't change the fact that KZ3's pre-orders at this point are pretty poor.  Especially considering this is for America the country that buys the most FPS's.  I'm beyond stoked for the game but that doesn't change the fact it doesn't look very impressive sales wise so far.

KZ3 pre orders are not poor. Not many people believed that it would have a much higher opening than KZ2. (I for one that it would be similar). Games typically don't have high FW's unless it's predecessor was a really high seller (which KZ2 was not).

KZ3 can still sell really great though in the long run with extremely positive word of mouth and reception. Look at Red Dead Redemption which had a FW of around 800k (PS3) and looks to sell around 5 million (PS3)  

And KZ2's sales were pretty equal across America and EMEAA.

By the time Uncharted 2 was announced, Drake's Fortune was at about the same sales point as Killzone 2/3. At least I think.

Tridrakious said:
blue7x7 said:

Wow at Gears 3 it actually had more pre orders than Killzone 3 considering it's almost a year  away that is pretty impressive. Killzone 3 doesn't seems to be doing too well seems like my prediction might come true it probably wont outsell Killzone 2 unless they heavily bundle it.

Also surprised how low the pre orders for Bulletstorm are at least for the Xbox 360 version I would have thought that the Gears 3 beta would have helped it but it doesn't seem to be doing too much for it. Good to see Mortal Kombat finally on the list and little big planet seems like it will debut pretty big.

This is PS3's weakest market. I wouldn't worry about it though. This game will sell at least 1.5 million in America alone. EMEAA will likely be 1.5 - 2 million.

you do know that americas is killzones best land right. so emeaa shouldnt be better than americas. and killzone 2 did 80k in japan so you expect it to more than triple there.

guys stop being in denial. its obvious that KZ3's preorders are dreadful. it looks like it wont even hit 150k preorders wich would be around 200-250k first week in americas. and usally sequals are frontloaded(KZ2 was first one on ps3) so expecting the game to do more than 3.5 million is illogical.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Tridrakious said:
blue7x7 said:

you do know that americas is killzones best land right. so emeaa shouldnt be better than americas. and killzone 2 did 80k in japan so you expect it to more than triple there.

guys stop being in denial. its obvious that KZ3's preorders are dreadful. it looks like it wont even hit 150k preorders wich would be around 200-250k first week in americas. and usally sequals are frontloaded(KZ2 was first one on ps3) so expecting the game to do more than 3.5 million is illogical.

I wouldn't say that. In the same time period ( 7 weeks to go ) UC2 had 35,000 - 45,000 pre - orders. It ended up with 300,000 pre - orders and opened up with 450,000.  If it was 2 - 3 weeks away, then it would be time to start worrying. But 7 weeks is plently of time to gain pre - orders !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E