By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 1/8)

r505Matt said:
lestatdark said:

I'm usually not one to talk about sales or pre-orders and whatnot.

But given the circumstance that Diablo III, even at the best of chances, will only come out next year, it's appearance near the Top 10 in that list truly amazes me.

Could Diablo III, at least, reach half the number of pre-orders that Starcraft II had? That would be amazing for one of the best RPG, heck why not one of the best gaming series ever

Well, it's not entirely outside the realm of possibilty for D3 to be released this year. But most likely, yes, 2012 release. That in mind, amazing pre-order numbers =)

D3 is the only game on that list I'm buying new.

P.S. Hi again after months of silence. I was busy playing Guild Wars =)

Welcome back, it really has been a while since I last saw you post here on VGC. Hope you had fun with Guild Wars

I really do hope that Blizzard manages to release it this year. No other game has come close to the anticipation levels that Diablo III has achieved in me xD.

It has been a long wait since Blizzcon 2008, but it will be so worthwhile, in the end

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Gears of War3 beta with Bulletstorm doing good.

Where is ME2 PS3? Less than 30000 first week in NA confirmed?

BenVTrigger said:
snfr said:
BenVTrigger said:

Also Mass Effect 2 on PS3 may well be flop of the year.  I'm usually all for multiplats but Mass Effect appears to have been a bad choice to port. 

Well, it's always a bad choice to port a game and release it one year later on another platform. Mass Effect 2 will be in a similar situation as Bioshock, I guess. Possibly very low sales at launch, then picking up steam a little when it's cheaper. I wouldn't expect any wonders though.

If I didn't have it already on 360, I would buy it day one on PS3. But I'll probably also get it on PS3 when its' price goes down.

Yeah I agree the late port was an awful idea and if anything it should have been launched on both systems at the same time.

But you would think more PS3 only owners would want to know what all the hype was about plus it comes with all the DLC already on disc which is great.  Mass Effect is an amazing franchise and it deserves way higher sales than the epic flop it appears its going to be.

Indeed.

But well, we don't know anything about Europe. Perhaps it will do at least good numbers there. We'll see in just a few weeks.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

NotStan said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

LBP2 will sell as much in america alone  what LBP1 did WW!

And ppl still going on and on about KZ3 and gears america pre-order difference?

where were those comments from the same ppl when GT5 pre-orders are massively out performing forza?

I love how you always assume that if someone has something negative to say about your beloved console it automatically indicates that you must bring a counter argument to the table, ie Forza vs GT5 in this case. No one cares, it was a comparison, get over it.

@numbers, wth with the pokemon. I swear 8 years ago it was popular with playing cards and yet it's still sells like a beast so many years later on, it's just an unbelieveable and undying franchise.

P.S Those DC universe numbers don't look too bad for a sort-of-new game type. Will be interesting to see whether legs will pan out, I think a few people complained that it's a tad bit easy to max your character, so legs will be interesting.

And I love how even tho the outcome is obvious already yous keeps going on and on about gears > KZ in america which is gears strongest region.......

so fukin stupid seriously what do you achive by comparing something thats already obvious which would sell more? effing idiotic its like a dumbass trying to count 1-10 every week then the next time he counts again he pretends that he doesn't know that the last number wont be 10 when counting 1-10.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

LBP2 will sell as much in america alone  what LBP1 did WW!

And ppl still going on and on about KZ3 and gears america pre-order difference?

where were those comments from the same ppl when GT5 pre-orders are massively out performing forza?

This isn't a KZ3 vs Gears 3 thread or a Forza vs GT5 thread.

It doesn't change the fact that KZ3's pre-orders at this point are pretty poor.  Especially considering this is for America the country that buys the most FPS's.  I'm beyond stoked for the game but that doesn't change the fact it doesn't look very impressive sales wise so far.

don't matter its got 7 weeks to go still loads of time to pick up.

I expect pre-orders to reach around 650k-800k for B/W,with a possible 1.3M week.Wonder how EMEAA will perform.

Jay520 said:
blue7x7 said:

Wow at Gears 3 it actually had more pre orders than Killzone 3 considering it's almost a year  away that is pretty impressive. Killzone 3 doesn't seems to be doing too well seems like my prediction might come true it probably wont outsell Killzone 2 unless they heavily bundle it.

Why do people keep saying this. Gears of War 2 sold OVER THREE TIMES as much as Killzone 2 in America. And Gears was slated as an April release.

That is all.

We knew about this since october. People who have any intrest in gears of war 3 would know by now. You ps3 fanboys need to stop using that as an excuse, dont get butt hurt over the poor pre orders for killzone 3. And remeber killzone 2 strongest are was in Amercias, LOL.

That is all. XD

pezus said:

I believe most that were interested in it played it already on the PC

not necessarily, not everyone has a gaming pc

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

littlebigplanet looks good, but it will be all about legs with that game, as it was with the first one. And i hope killzone 3 preorders jump soon.