By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 a distant third in December sales race - analysts

stopstopp said:

Damn, 500 million dollars and a lower price point can do a lot.

Here we go with this crap again.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
stopstopp said:

You can use the lower price point argument, but no the 500 million dollar argument because all companies spend money on advertising.  This is probably the most overblown argument I've seen on this site and it's used simply as an excuse on PS3's performance.

Edit:  Guy above me beat me by a minute.

voty2000 said:
stopstopp said:

You can use the lower price point argument, but no the 500 million dollar argument because all companies spend money on advertising.  This is probably the most overblown argument I've seen on this site and it's used simply as an excuse on PS3's performance.

I meant of Kinect advertizing. The probably should have said 500 million dollars kinect advertizing. I apologize for my mistake.

stopstopp said:
voty2000 said:
stopstopp said:

I meant of Kinect advertizing. The probably should have said 500 million dollars kinect advertizing. I apologize for my mistake.

I knew what you meant and that argument is overblown.  That money was not solely for Kinect.  It was also for the console, games, peripherals, and Xbox live and the duration of time that the money is used is also unclear. 

That's some epic diffrences in Wii sales prediction.

Can't wait for NPD.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:

That's some epic diffrences in Wii sales prediction.

Can't wait for NPD.

360 has an even wider margin...

Wii: 2,600,000  / 2,200,000 - (400k)
360: 2,500,000  / 1,900,000 - (600k)

I see Wii being aroudn the 2.9M mark. VGC to be fairly accurate.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Its Nsanity of course thats how he made the thread title. MSRIDERZ all day.

RolStoppable said:

I am not sure why any analyst would put the Wii at 2.2m for December after Nintendo issued a press release that puts the mathematical minimum at 2.3m.

because they are analyst?

Also, PS3 number is pretty good for a 3rd place console in States.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Immortal said:
pachoo5 said:

So, the equivalent US figure for VGChartz estimate for 360 is right at 2.6M. I have a feeling that VGChartz will be the most accurate of the predictions for the 360 this month.

MS did announce 8M Kinects shipped by the end of the year, and Greenberg said that shipped almost equaled sold to consumers, so US sales of 360 of just 1.9M seems awfully low. I don't buy it.

Not that I disagree, but just to be the devil's advocate, Kinect may mainly be selling to the base, like Move was, so it may not be moving much hardware despite moving extraordinary amounts.

Only problem with this is the Kinect bundled 360s were the hardest units to find during the holidays.  So unless MS thought that Kinect wouldnt expand the base Kinect moved new hardware.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.