By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 3DS is missing one key thing

twesterm said:

So I've finally started watching videos and reading about the 3DS and there's one major thing I think it's missing-- and achievement type system.

I think Nintendo is really missing a big thing by not giving people a single profile that tracks achievements across all games and can later be ported to the Wii or Wii2.  Achievements have become a pretty large thing and like it or not, people play games for achievements.  Nintendo more than anyone should know that people love to collect things (Pokemon) and they're just really shooting themselves in the foot for leaving that out again.

omg pokemon with achievements would be awesome

Around the Network
Immortal said:

The only people who really seem to care about achievements are PS3/360 fans. The general Nintendo audience and the expanded audience don't seem to care for them much at all so I doubt it would be worth the effort.

Well i presume that because the wii is very lacking in a achievement system so how would they know :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

I do hope they decide to bring them to the 3ds :/ its just one of those nice little things that can get you to put another 5 or so hours into a good game for the satisfaction of getting all the trophies :)

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

twesterm said:
Khuutra said:

You're only proving the point that achievements don't really affect your in-game behavior, so there's not even anecdotal evidence for your position.

Maybe you should try picking games based on which are more satisfying, rather than based on the cheevos.

But I do have plenty anecdotal evidence since I know plenty of people that play games purely for achievements.  Just because I don't finish games or only have a 19% completion rate doesn't damn my argument.

Okay, no, that doesn't damn your argument, though your inability to cite any sources or back up this logic does that anyway. I'm just pointing out that your logic doesn't even work for you.

How's Vanquish going, twesterm?

Or Bayonetta?