By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The DS family should be tracked seperately

Antabus said:
Viper1 said:

All DSiWare titles use the same processor speed and RAM settings as the retail titles.  The extra access they do gain is the camera and DS card slot.  There is no processing gain accessed by the enhanced hardware itself.  The extra RAM and processing speed are utilized in the system OS and system software only.

Is that a fact?

Try proving it wrong. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Antabus said:
jarrod said:
Antabus said:
jarrod said:
Antabus said:On PSP:s case, I believe that the game can be played on the hardware. It is a distribution thing only. That is most likely not the case with DSiware/DS.

It's exactly the same.  The only reason you can't play DSiWare games on a DS/Lite is because it has no flash drive and can't connect to the DSi Shop.  Again, Art Academy, a collection of DSiWare games, was released at retail and runs fine as is on every DS model with no changes in content (besides the number of images you can save, a feature with used the flash and SD support in the DSiWare versions for literally limitless saves).

You say that like it is a fact. I am waiting for you to prove your statement, game by game.

The only indication we have is Art Academy, which uh... runs fine on any DS.  I am waiting for you to prove any DSi game uses extra processing power or memory, since you're the one crusading for a separation here based on spec.

Excuse me, but the burden of proof lies with you. I was the one who said that you can't play DSiware games on DS (fact), you claimed that you could play them if they were put on carts.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying the only indications we actually have (Art Academy) lead to that.  There's also the fact that every DSiWare game so far with a sharing feature (Bomberman, Pop Island, etc) can still share those titles with a standard DS or Lite (meaning they're NOT using extra memory or clock cycles).

You're the one claiming DSi should be considered a separate platform due to DSi/DSiWare games using upgraded spec, you started that argument so the burden of proof to validate it literally rests with you.  Unless I'm misunderstanding and that isn't your argument?  And if it is, then kindly prove it.  Othewise, if your entire argument rests on pure incompatibility with no deeper reasoning on to why that is (content delivery, system spec), then PS2 slim is different from PS2 still. ;)

Viper1 said:
Antabus said:
Viper1 said:

All DSiWare titles use the same processor speed and RAM settings as the retail titles.  The extra access they do gain is the camera and DS card slot.  There is no processing gain accessed by the enhanced hardware itself.  The extra RAM and processing speed are utilized in the system OS and system software only.

Is that a fact?

Try proving it wrong. 

Argumentum ad ignorantiam.

jarrod said:
Antabus said:
jarrod said:
Antabus said:
jarrod said:
Antabus said:On PSP:s case, I believe that the game can be played on the hardware. It is a distribution thing only. That is most likely not the case with DSiware/DS.

It's exactly the same.  The only reason you can't play DSiWare games on a DS/Lite is because it has no flash drive and can't connect to the DSi Shop.  Again, Art Academy, a collection of DSiWare games, was released at retail and runs fine as is on every DS model with no changes in content (besides the number of images you can save, a feature with used the flash and SD support in the DSiWare versions for literally limitless saves).

You say that like it is a fact. I am waiting for you to prove your statement, game by game.

The only indication we have is Art Academy, which uh... runs fine on any DS.  I am waiting for you to prove any DSi game uses extra processing power or memory, since you're the one crusading for a separation here based on spec.

Excuse me, but the burden of proof lies with you. I was the one who said that you can't play DSiware games on DS (fact), you claimed that you could play them if they were put on carts.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying the only indications we actually have (Art Academy) lead to that.  There's also the fact that every DSiWare game so far with a sharing feature (Bomberman, Pop Island, etc) can still share those titles with a standard DS or Lite (meaning they're NOT using extra memory or clock cycles).

1) You're the one claiming DSi should be considered a separate platform due to DSi/DSiWare games using upgraded spec, you started that argument so the burden of proof to validate it literally rests with you.  Unless I'm misunderstanding and that isn't your argument?   And if it is, then kindly prove it. 2) Othewise, if your entire argument rests on pure incompatibility, then... PS2 slim is different from PS2 still. ;)

1) No matter how you try to spin it, the fact is that you can't play DSiware games on ds. That is what I have said. You are the one who argued that it is just distribution thing, so you are the one who have to submit the proof for your claims.

2) PS2 hdd is still a peripheral, which is needed to play few games. PS2 fat can't play those games without peripheral. DSi can play DSiware games without a peripheral. But when Nintendo makes a peripheral which has the cameras, added ram and the better processor, it will be the same as PS2/slim.

Antabus said:
Viper1 said:
Antabus said:
Viper1 said:

Is that a fact?

Try proving it wrong. 

Burden of proof.  It's yours.   And I'm not arguing from a point of lack of proof because I already know the truth.  You posited there is a difference, so it is up to you to prove it.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Antabus said:
Viper1 said:
Antabus said:
Viper1 said:

Is that a fact?

Try proving it wrong. 

Burden of proof.  It's yours.   And I'm not arguing from a point of lack of proof because I already know the truth.  You posited there is a difference, so it is up to you to prove it.

Go back few posts and think again.

Edit:

Actually, read the first quote. :D:D

And I am done with this thread. I see absolutely no reason to argue about this any more.

Lets remember when the PS2 released the slim version with the modem built in, yet you couldnt play FF XI in it, you needed the older version plus the adapter, should these 2 consoles be separated in sales?

Antabus said:
Viper1 said:

Go back few posts and think again.

Edit:

Actually, read the first quote. :D:D

My post is merely a trasnposition of what you already posited since the very first post of this thread.  Burden of proof is still yours and you're doing all you can to ignore it and many other similar console situations.  You're argument has already been debunked by historical precedence, industry, retail, and consumer context and yet you still hold to your invalid position.   Until you validate your position with facts that counter those 4 I just listed, your position is one false.

Antabus said:

1) No matter how you try to spin it, the fact is that you can't play DSiware games on ds. That is what I have said. You are the one who argued that it is just distribution thing, so you are the one who have to submit the proof for your claims.

2) PS2 hdd is still a peripheral, which is needed to play few games. PS2 fat can't play those games without peripheral. DSi can play DSiware games without a peripheral. But when Nintendo makes a peripheral which has the cameras, added ram and the better processor, it will be the same as PS2/slim.

1) No matter how you spin it, the fact is that you can't play FFXI on a PS2 slim.  So I guess, PS2 slim is a new platform by your own definition here.

2) Unless Sony releases a peripheral allowing you to play FFXI on a PS2 slim, it's not the same at all going by your logic. The issue is base incompatibility, you can't play FFXI on a PS2 no matter what.  And really, HDD relient games aren't the only incompatibility between fats and slims... a quick google search will bring up plenty more for you, or hell just look at the previous Gamasutra link I gave you.